Thread: Second set of eyes please

Tuner in Training

Second set of eyes please

Hi guys, was wondering if you could look over the two tunes I attached. Same car, just revised the VCT up top trying to eliminate the knock, though it may just be fuel quality. Anything you see please let me know, it runs and drives great would just like to have someone else look it over and offer suggestions. This is the first Coyote I have done.

2016 GT manual
    18 intake with lockouts
    JLT intake
    Catless longtubes and catback
    stock injectors

June 2019 Nuked Rev E.hptrevE 4th pull.hplJune 2019 Nuked Rev F vct adj 7k.hpt19-06-09 15-23-45.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Nuked,
    Go to the Mapped point 22 borderline spark table and pull 3 degree's of timing at the bottom of the 7000 row. See if the knock goes away. If it goes away then it is fuel quality. If it stays then it is something else. JMO

Just keep in mind that if you are seeing a -4 on the Knock retard. that is adding timing........If you see a 4 that is taking away timing. So you pay attention with the positive numbers in the KR sensor
    Last edited by kevinhen; 06-12-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Adding comment

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhen View Post
    Nuked,
    Go to the Mapped point 22 borderline spark table and pull 3 degree's of timing at the bottom of the 7000 row. See if the knock goes away. If it goes away then it is fuel quality. If it stays then it is something else. JMO

Just keep in mind that if you are seeing a -4 on the Knock retard. that is adding timing........If you see a 4 that is taking away timing. So you pay attention with the positive numbers in the KR sensor
    Thanks! I haven't really had a chance to test out higher RPM WOT yet, been trying to get the driveability down. Pretty happy with how it is so far, I noticed with the AC on that transitions from on throttle to off throttle are not nearly as smooth as with it off. Here is a log from today of just cruising around, I haven't touched the load/tq inverse tables at all, if someone could see if they seem ok I would appreciate it. Same goes for the MAF curve, I am running one from here and adjusted the transport delay some. Trims don't look too bad to me but again, a second set of eyes would be awesome. This is by far the most complicated PCM I have tuned, so trying to wrap my head around all of it.

19-06-18 14-54-23.hpl
    Last edited by Nuked; 06-18-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner

I've read on a few posts that negative numbers means knock and positive means adding? Now I'm confused lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post

I've read on a few posts that negative numbers means knock and positive means adding? Now I'm confused lol
    Negative is adding timing, positive is knock. You want to see negative.