Thread: ZF Tuning Help

Tuner in Training

ZF Tuning Help

Hi, guy

Been playing around with HPTuners for a while now.

I've decided to now give ZF tuning a go on my own personal car.
    Are there any resources in which people recommend so I can familiarize myself with tuning the ZF, or where to start?

I'm looking at adjusting some of the torque management values and applying slightly higher shift pressures. Does this sound right?

Or if anyone has any nicely tuned ZF files that they could PM to me so that I can analyse and learn that'll also be very helpful!

Thanks and looking for any help to point me in the right direction!

Advanced Tuner
    hit up Daniel at blue streak performance in WA.

very switched on guy and spend an awful lot of time nutting out the ZF stuff in HP.

he'd likely be willing to help you if you asked nicely.

just a heads up. if you have ANY shift overlap in your tune even with decent TM it will drastically reduce the life of your input shaft.

Advanced Tuner
    100 hunnit percent right!
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile