Thread: 2 Widebands or EGT?

Tuner in Training

2 Widebands or EGT?

Since I will be running true dual exhaust in my conversion. I was wondering if the VCM with enhanced IO would be able to log two widebands? If so what would be a good set-up to use? 2 LC-1's? Or would it be better just to use EGT sensors? Thanks for any help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    two LC-1's wouldnt be a bad choice..but look around this section a bit for advice, because some people have had bad luck with them...i dunno if it was a bad batch or ten so buyer beware. As far as egt vs. wideband thats really up to you and what your familiar & comfortable with...there are people that tune with one or the other or both...personally I wouldnt know up from down tuning with just an egt sensor & would need to read up on it so im kinda hooked on my wideband for now.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    So it will log 2 widebands then? I will do some looking in the other posts. Is anybody out there logging 2 WB's?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I think either phil99vette or rick@synergy might be I cant remember...not too many people do though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bump.... Anyone logging two??

Potential Tuner
    Bump..... would like to know also

Im a complete novice at this, but if the aim of duals is to determine which bank is leaner, which is really a compromise of the optimal (but expensive) solution of one for each cylinder, then why not have the two bungs at the collector for general use, but also have bungs on individual primaries, so you can check individual cylinders by moving the WB's around? Chuck the stock ones back in the collectors to run the PCM while you move the other two around.