Thread: E38 Vs E40 for turbo L76

Tuner in Training

E38 Vs E40 for turbo L76

So the situation is, I have a full engine harness/acc pedal/e40 from an ls2 gto, and I?ve got a 58x L76 engine (basically I bought a bunch of stuff at the same time and messed up).

I’m rebuilding the engine anyway with forged stuff for a turbo, so I could just swap to an x24 reluctor wheel, but would I be better off just looking for another harness and e38? Are thee any advantages to running the e40? Or things that would work way better on an e38 and would make it worth it?

I’m in the UK so getting hold of parts isn?t that easy and it can get expensive with shipping costs.

Looking for some advice on the best way forward with this....
    Last edited by mostlymonki; 06-11-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    E40 all the way...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    E40 all the way...
    thanks. why? is it actually better at anything than the e38, or just because the e38 isn't that much better it's worth buying a new ecm/harness?

Advanced Tuner
    If you use the E40, you will have to either swap the reluctor wheels on the crank and cam (or run a LPE converter box). The E40 is easier to tune with Gen III style fueling via an actual VE table vs VVE table on the E38.

Honestly up to you, since you have everything already and can solve the problem with swapping the reluctors, it may be easier to just do that and not have to source a new harness.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    thanks (sorry it took me a while to reply), I think I'll probably do that then as the only other benefit I could see of the e38 setup was that ls3 throttle bodies are easier/cheaper to get hold of.

Advanced Tuner
    if you want to run a 6l80e then e38 is the go.

you can still use the gto pedal with it, even a stock 6l80e will take 600-700whp depending on weight of vehicle.

this is 1 of my cars,stock cam'd 6lt with a single turbo & 6l80e.