Thread: E38 PCM Running a 2007 4L60E

E38 PCM Running a 2007 4L60E

I attached the base tune to this post, that I just downloaded from the PCM.

Do I simply do a segment swap with a 2008 Silverado 5.3L? I can't really find anywhere in the tune where it says the transmission it is setup for. I'm used to the Gen 3 style tuning, so this gen 4 stuff is new to me.

It's running a 2007 4L60E 15 pin

Back story on the PCM.. I took over this project car (LS3 into 1970 Cutlass 442) from a shop that was taking too long. It came with a new harness that was pinned out to work w/ a 4L60E and the PCM has a "PSI Conversions" sticker on it -- which lead me to believe this PCM might already be setup to run the 4L60E. But after downloading the tune, the "ECM Trans Type" is set to "Manual". E38/T42

1970 Cutlass Rev0.hpt

E38 is only an ECM, with no trans controller stuff inside it at all. It's not a PCM (which has both) like gen3 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    E38 is only an ECM, with no trans controller stuff inside it at all. It's not a PCM (which has both) like gen3 stuff.
    Thanks for the reply!

So does it matter what OS the transmission controller has or the service number? I'm seeing differing opinions. Some people say the E38 has to have a "matching" T42, others say it doesn't.

My plan is to do a segment swap with a T42 tune from the repository that matches the OS on my current T42, but some are saying it wont work, and that the ECM has to match the TCM - but I don't see how you can match them, unless you pull both computers out of the same car.
    Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 06-13-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Here's a '07 Silverado 4L60E file you can try using or pulling parts from.

I don't know about E38 service number compatibility between various OS combos, you need to talk to DSteck.

To see if a tune is set up for 60E or 80E when you don't have the operating system IDs memorized, open Trans > Shift General tab and look at the 1st Gear Ratio box. 3.06:1 is a 60E, 2.48:1 is a 80E.