Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie needs help. allowing PE does not increase performance.

This is amazing - Thank you, thank you, thank you! Where do I find the posted file?

Tuner
    It's in post #14
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Thanks....sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees! LOL

Looked at the new tune seeing where the changes were done just to get an idea where to change things. I noted that the MAF was disabled. (MAF Frequency Fail High set to 1 from 14,000 Hz) What does this do?

I've put this tune in the car and will grab a few logs tomorrow. Stay tuned. (No pun intended)

He disabled the MAF for some reason. Not sure why because you are just trying to get it running and doing other things may just throw you off.

Aside from that he just whacked it with like 15% worth of fuel through the VE tables.

I would have kept the MAF working like stock and just added a little fuel to the VE and MAF curve.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Took the car for a spin today, it was way more responsive. Unfortunately, when I got home my laptop had gone to sleep and only logged the first few minutes of the run. Also, when I got home, the Brown Truck Fairy had visited and left my new wideband on the front step.

I've installed the gauge in the car and repined my ECM so that I can log the WB from the EGR channel. I've prepared the tune and also set up Scanner to incorporate the WB signal with the accompanying math parameters for WB AFR and AFR % error. All I have to do is install the sensor in the exhaust plug it in and start driving around. I have a pretty good idea on how to bring corrections to the VE table but will need help with the MAF as I haven't yet found a tutorial on how to do that. I'll be starting a new thread with regards to tuning with the WB if I can't find the answers here.

When doing changes to the VE table, will I change both the Primary and Secondary Main VE?

The factory OS that has 2 VE tables will only run off the secondary VE table when put into speed density.

The easy way to do it is to make your error graph for the primary VE table so you can log all the data there. You'd paste your corrections into that, then smooth the table to take out any bumps/dips. Then I would copy over the data rows that match the secondary VE table (because it has less resolution). Once each row is copied over I would again click smooth and save the file. Doing that will make the secondary VE table nearly match the primary entirely.

Your other option is to apply the speed density OS upgrade under the OS tab. That will remove the secondary VE table from the calibration and make it use only the primary VE. The MAF will still function like normal using the upgraded OS. The upgrade is free, it just requires you to do a write entire to apply the changes, then it's like normal with write calibrations from there on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I'm guessing that's the "Speed Density - Enhanced (RTT)" under Code Modifications - is it as simple as just hitting the "Apply Code Modification"?

Thanks - this sounds like a quicker way to do this.