Thread: need file for the correct segment swap

Tuner in Training

need file for the correct segment swap

I have a gen 3 dbw 5.3 with matching pedal and tac module.
    I put a 4l80e in it.
    the shop that did my harness did a segment swap on it but I think it has the OS of a vehicle with a adj pedal assy. Im getting 100% butterfly operation at 60%ish pedal position and my pedal position % goes to 150% when im logging. after countless hours trying to figure out the DBW pedal issue ive come to the conclusion that the wrong segment swap was done.
    So does anyone have a gen3 dbw fixed pedal position 4l80e file I can use to segment swap again. I know ill have to transfer my tune over after its done.

The segment swap is used using the same OS with a 4L80e file.

I have no clue how you'd even be able to tell if the file you use to perform the segment swap is using the pedal you are asking about and I have no idea how these two things are even related. You aren't changing anything related to the pedal stuff when doing a transmission segment swap.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    IM not too familiar with that stuff so idk. All i know is my pedal shit aint working correctly, which it all (engine, harness, ecu, pedal, tac module) all came from the same vehicle.
    i just assumed it had to have got messed up during the segment swap. Ever since i started the truck all my logs show the pedal going to 150% but if i keep it to less than 65% which opens the throttle all the way then i dont get a p1516 p2108 u0107 codes. so from 65-150% pedal position my THrottle body is doing nothing its already wide open. Ive tried different matching tac modules and pedals and same issue.

Tuner in Training
    my OS id is 12587603
    heres my tune file
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't have a stock file to compare with but have you been able to see if all the electronic throttle settings are still stock when comparing the tune with another 2005 truck?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ya ive done all that with my stock tune and a 2006 and 2005 stock tune tried everything i can think of.

I have seen others with this pedal issue before, never seen anyone follow through and post a solution.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...non-adjustable

For that guy, I eventually found a known-confirmed non-adjustable pedal truck file to compare with his adjustable pedal file, pulled up the GM calibrations for those VINs, and there were no differences that would account for the pedal/TAC behavior.

Tuner in Training
    wow his first post is exatly the issue i have. I couldnt find any real differences either. any diff in the maps i changed and tried and no luck. Thats why i feel he may have just done the whole OS file instead of just the trans. when he did a segment swap. I have my orig ecu file. But i dont wanna burn credits just to try it out. even tho i burn enough money on this thing.

Tuner in Training
    the other thing that makes me think this. my orig ecu file (so he says, i had him email it to me. this was before i bought hpt) the serial number on it doesnt match what my tune file has right now.

my ecu is from a 2004 chevy suburban like the orig file says. but my tune file currently shows a 2005 chevy avalanche

There's no difference in the files for adjustable and non-adjustable pedal trucks, changing the OS won't fix it (and also won't break it). Unless GM did something completely outside the norm and had two different calibrations ('segments' in HPT-speak) with the same ID number.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There's no difference in the files for adjustable and non-adjustable pedal trucks, changing the OS won't fix it (and also won't break it). Unless GM did something completely outside the norm and had two different calibrations ('segments' in HPT-speak) with the same ID number.
    so theres no reason or fix for why its fucked up is what your saying?

Tuner in Training
    so if the OS numbers need to match to do a segment swap how come my orig ecu file and my current ecu file after the segment swap, dont match?

Someone swapped operating systems.

They flashed in an Avalanche file over the suburban file.

I've seen it done when shops have unlimited licenses and they will just flash in a starting file that they already know works. They don't care what was on it previously. So it's likely they had a 2005 avalanche file that they already made run with the 4L80e, then they just applied the 3 bar OS and went to town.

It's possible stuff like this has caused an issue. Because if you got the engine, harness, throttle body, pedal assembly and TAC module from a 2004 suburban, it may not jive with the calibration that is in a 2005 avalanche. The 2005 truck may run different parts numbers for the TAC and APP.

Here's your original file with the 4L80E trans segment stolen from a 2004 Express van (it had the same OS). I didn't copy over anything from the 2005 Avalanche file, you can mess with that if you want. Your original file has the 3-bar custom OS available too, dunno why the tuner didn't just use the segment from a compatible file.

I missed the platform mismatch at first, sorry for any confusion. The thread I linked to was this same pedal issue, but somehow showing up between 2004 Yukon adj and 2004 Yukon non-adj, and it wasn't anything ID-able between the two tunes.

Tuner in Training
    I added the 3 bar OS when i turbod the truck.
    I tried my orig file and my pedal did the same thing. so maybe something went corrupt in the ecu system idk. im gonna grab another ecu and see what happens.'I looked at my past logs from when i first got it running and it looks like it was doing it then to but wasnt causing any issues. its a mystery. cars are dumb
    maybe using a segment from a non compatible OS did some damage to the ecu
    how is that even possible. i thought they had to match to be able to do it. ?
    Last edited by dave@dna; 06-12-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    im gonna be soo pissed if
    the OS swap was done shady and is what caused my issue.
    doesnt the ecu have to match the pedal and tac module to work properly. will any p59 dbw ecu work?

I didn't go thru the old file and your tuner's file in any detail but one thing that stands out is, look at: Engine > Airflow > Desired throttle area > Alternate. Your tuner's file has a max of 65.20% throttle at 100% pedal, this table is one that has the explicit warning at the bottom about breaking PCMs. Your original tune has both the Normal & Alternate tables the same.

Your tuner didn't do a segment swap. The 2005 Avalanche had the 4L80 stock, he just flashed in a completely different file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I didn't go thru the old file and your tuner's file in any detail but one thing that stands out is, look at: Engine > Airflow > Desired throttle area > Alternate. Your tuner's file has a max of 65.20% throttle at 100% pedal, this table is one that has the explicit warning at the bottom about breaking PCMs. Your original tune has both the Normal & Alternate tables the same.

Your tuner didn't do a segment swap. The 2005 Avalanche had the 4L80 stock, he just flashed in a completely different file.
    ya i changed all that and it didnt do anything. and yes i know what he did now. hes not my tuner. hes the guy that did my harness for me and was suppose to just do a base map with the segment swap. I realize now that he just rewrote the whole OS of my ecu. I talked to him last night and i think he knows he screwed up but wasnt really admitting it lol. hes a very well known guy with a unlimited credits account at hpt

my tuner kenny sampson and good friend dominic acia (also tuner) are looking into how to solve the issue. In the end i think im just gonna need a new ECU and start over.

I tried my orig file last night and "wrote entire" on it and it did the same thing so idk
    Last edited by dave@dna; 06-13-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I fixed it.
    rewrote the OS from a 06 2500 6.0 4l80e this file if anyone needs it
    i was even able to get HPT to credit me 2 credits. ya thats right. i got free credits