Thread: turbo 5.3 fouled plugs and random timing pulled in boost

Potential Tuner

turbo 5.3 fouled plugs and random timing pulled in boost

hi there new to boosted tuning and tuning in general running 3 BAR OS on 5lbs of boost and 60lb injectors 14deg
    so I took the truck out Saturday and did a ton of driving loging the AFR Error and copying the percent into the VE tables truck had no problems didn't really get crazy on the throttle it saw boost better never really got into WOT, Monday drove it home from work and the idle felt too lobey and then would backfire and not want to go into boost, did some messing around and checking plug wires and vac lines. Today I pulled the plugs and found a very black soot covered plug. did some logging before pulling (will include) and it shows a AFR command of 11.67 and I'm getting about a 12.7 another issue is its dropping the timing to around 9 degrees, I don't know whats causing it to do that one thing I suspected it ECT or IAT doing it the ECT table seems it wouldn't cause this. The IAT table has got me a little puzzled because it only shows to 105KPA is this normal? would anyone have any input as to whats causing my fouled plugs and why its pulling the 5 degrees. thanks for your guys help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use paste special by half, you are making too big of changes at once. Look at the 3D view, there are so many huge spikes that it's tossing your fueling all over the place. Probably want to start over there. You need to make sure fuel pressure isn't spiking or dropping while you roll in and out of the throttle. A stock regulator may not do the correct job or your fuel pump can't keep it at a constant pressure.

Remove the 1 bar MAP channel, only log the 3 bar channel.

Try setting up PE and BE a tad different. Your PE is like stock but your BE has a lesser value. Flip flop that, so this way your PE is commanding low 12's in PE and then it transitions into your BE value and doesn't follow the richer PE settings.

Figure 1.200 for PE, then have your BE start at 1.20 and have the fuel slope to 1.26 at a few pounds of boost. Also raise the PE kpa up to 85-90kpa instead of 55 as that is too low.

Disable burst knock, set the enable delta cylinder air table to 8.000 so it's disabled. That way it can't pull timing.

With having the wideband wired into the AC sensor I can't actually see what the wideband is reading. But make sure that the HP Tuners is reading what the gauge is reading. Like you don't want the gauge to read 11.5 but the data in the logs shows 12.0.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you 5FDP I will try all of that plan on throwing new plugs in it tomorrow, I?m going to double check and make sure the guage reads same afr as logs when I set it up through the pressure switch I had it pretty dialed in on the same but I?ll be sure to double check it. Thanks for your help I?ll post up the results later this week.