Thread: Help figuring out A/F lean at cruise.

Potential Tuner

Help figuring out A/F lean at cruise.

Not sure what happened everything ways working fine changed my boost enrichment and then at cruise I run lean. re wrote back to my previous tune still the same deal. Prior was working fine. Little new to this and struggling though it. If I force it into open loop I get the same deal?

2004 ls6, E1840P cam, decaps, gt45' 4l80e/2800 stall

Thanks in a advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hoitink; 06-14-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Part of it looks like an o2 sensor issue in closed loop. Bank 1 sensor is doing one thing while bank sensor is dropping out or reporting really odd values. That then cause your fuel trims to go crazy and yank fuel or add fuel at random.

Forcing open loop and resetting the trims should make it run off of just the VE table for fueling. You'd think that if it was still going lean, perhaps you have a fuel pressure drop or possible even the cat test is active. I didn't watch through the entire logs to see if there was a time it changed the commanded afr/stoich for that test but I've seen it happen many times on P59 computer when the rear o2 sensor circuits are left open. HPT can't disable that test by itself, if the rear o2 sensor are left plugged in, the problem normally goes away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Interesting. I'm getting the same thing at cruise. Starts about 2 minutes in on the attached log.
    2004 5.3
    I've had ECT code come up a few times recently. P0116
    Could that cause these symptoms?
    Attached Files Attached Files