Thread: E38 VVE tuning and maxed IATs

Tuner in Training

E38 VVE tuning and maxed IATs

First post. Sorry to need help on startup.

My IATs are maxing and throwing off all my VVE revisions. It?s also 100 dregress in daylight here, putting them at 130+ on start up.

Iv played around with HP tuners, but by no means an I pro, or even close. Currently just using math stft vs ltft and multiply by % half on the VE, both manifold switch. Its running good on speed density but without a Wide band it?s the best I can do. Just wondering if it?s safe to tune like this or if I?m missing something here. I?m seeing changes in my bed tables but it?s not happing fast or consistent.
    Last edited by Aeddin; 06-15-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Anything you can do to reduce the IAT's will be helpful. Simply routing the air inlet to an outside source will help considerably.
    If you'll post your tune and a datalog, I'll be glad to take a look.

Tuner in Training
    Thatd be great. Its taking me awhile to get it even remotely close, so i thing i may be overlooking something. only thing iv done is idle, injectors, and VEE. Its not stalling out, but it is acting erratic on startup, and when it goes into park.

Its in stock location just a K&N intake and box. Wrapped both the upper rad hose and steam port line in DEI heat shield, to stop what i thought was heat soak but it didn't do anything. Any way it was suppose to be just a DOD/AFM delete that i got carried away on. HO aluminum 5.3, gold blade ls7 throttle body, LS2 injectors, 1/8 long tubes, 222/232 .595/.587

Log MAf fail run.hpl33 maf fail.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I continued along the path i was going and while drivablity may be back, but im pulling tons of spark at WOT, and showing 120 IAT again. Its 70 outside now. plus this is a first for me, maybe im doing everything wrong.