Thread: stock ls1 228r cam

stock ls1 228r cam

i have a stock 01 camaro ss a4 just installed tsp 228r camshaft,pac springs,tsp pushrods.. trying to get the idle as good as possible with stock convertor.trying to figure out how to post my log files.

Has the fueling been correcting for normal driving, then in gear/park idle?

Fueling is key first, then seeing if adjusting the spark timing and under/over speed spark correction tables makes a difference. It may also require a slightly different idle rpm too, like 700-800 compared to 550-600 for a smooth idle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Post the file and logs if you'd like better help. without knowing what you've done so far, its hard to give advice on what to do.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

ok thank you so much for the quick feed back..I haven't posted my files or adjusted any fueling yet, due to my wide band gauge being used in another car that is stuck at the interior shop...all I've done so far is upped my idle rpm and upped my air idle flow. I done this just to get the car drivable, it is my daily driver.

Ok update,I finally got my ve tables tuned pretty good,car runs 100% better and idle is almost perfect..thanks 5FDP for the info.i was trying to short cut it so I could drive my car,since it?s my daily..but comes to find out you can?t short cut anything lol..thanks for the help guys,I?m so appreciative that everybody is so helpful and nice on this forum.

Yeah, those ve tables look good. The maf tables look like $&^%&*. Get back to work
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Yes I definitely have to tune my maf now lol