Thread: 4.8 noob first time tuning

Potential Tuner

4.8 noob first time tuning

this is my first time tuning anything i have a 4.8 6 speed 350z trans in an e46 motor is pretty basic just a ls1 intake and long tube headers. when i first try and take off the car almost dies cant seem to figure out why
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hows your fuel pressure?

How are you monitoring the air fuel ratio?

Is this going to be run in open loop forever because you are missing the O2 sensor?

Is it still running knock sensor, if it s you need to be logging the knock retard channel. Add commanded AFR, injector pulse width avg for both banks, cylinder airmass, commanded AFR.

Those intake temps need some real help a well. Upwards of 110-125 on avg with times over 140, that's not helping either.

Some other big issue here as well. You said this is a 4.8 truck but the computer is trying to do all it's calculations based off of a 5.3 engine side. Adjust the cylinder volume to match a 4.8.

It's also probably hard to figure out if you have any real trouble codes when about 90% of the stuff you aren't using are still active codes.

All of your EVAP codes, cat codes, rear o2 sensors, maybe even your primary o2 sensor if you aren't running them still have active codes enabled.

Before you start going hog wild and for sure stop flooring it, you need to learn about airflow model tuning. Getting the fueling under control is your main goal right now. This must be done with a wideband o2 sensor built into your logs. Grenading an engine because it was lean is not how you want this to end.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks man ill checking in to all of that i seriously don't know to much of what i"m doing but im trying to learn