Thread: Jeep Wrangler and "other" tuning

Jeep Wrangler and "other" tuning

Bought this tuner for a gen4 GM but realized it can also do JEEP too.

Wait! i also own a wrangler BUT: I have a superchips handheld.

With that SC tuner i've modified: tire size/gear ratios; it give me a bit quicker throttle response; got a 93octane tune (think 93); dissabled TPMS and modified exterior running lights to marker only running lights for my aftermarket led halos.

I assume that the throttle response, gear/tire and tunes are all in PCM and therefore HPtuners with some credits could copy (or modify) such .....

But what about tire pressure monitor, lights etc? I assume that those are in another module. so out of luck there. There is potential there ....if it could be done; then i could copy tune, revert and unlink/unlock my superchips from my vin to sell and then use hptuners for all my vehicles.

Hey HPtuneres: there is a huge market out there in JEEP wranglers. now predominantly owned by AEV procal and Superchips (and some diablosport for the more adventurous in actual tuning).
    Maybe a little research into this simple "other" mod may net some good profit?(as the mpvi2 interface is likely already likely hardware compliant.
    Tire size change and TPMS delete on wranglers go hand in hand.... the other stuff (lighting) is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by goodwrenchdave View Post
    Bought this tuner for a gen4 GM but realized it can also do JEEP too.

Wait! i also own a wrangler BUT: I have a superchips handheld.

With that SC tuner i've modified: tire size/gear ratios; it give me a bit quicker throttle response; got a 93octane tune (think 93); dissabled TPMS and modified exterior running lights to marker only running lights for my aftermarket led halos.

I assume that the throttle response, gear/tire and tunes are all in PCM and therefore HPtuners with some credits could copy (or modify) such .....

But what about tire pressure monitor, lights etc? I assume that those are in another module. so out of luck there. There is potential there ....if it could be done; then i could copy tune, revert and unlink/unlock my superchips from my vin to sell and then use hptuners for all my vehicles.

Hey HPtuneres: there is a huge market out there in JEEP wranglers. now predominantly owned by AEV procal and Superchips (and some diablosport for the more adventurous in actual tuning).
    Maybe a little research into this simple "other" mod may net some good profit?(as the mpvi2 interface is likely already likely hardware compliant.
    Tire size change and TPMS delete on wranglers go hand in hand.... the other stuff (lighting) is a bonus
    In VCM Suite 4.4/4.5, the following functions are supported for Jeep Wrangler:
    • Sway Bar System Enable/Disable (for swaps) (JL and JK)
    • Adjust TPMS (JL and JK)
    • Transfer Case Ratio Adjust (JL and JK)
    • Gear/Tire Adjustment (JK and JL)
    • Axle Lock Configuration (JL) (for axle swaps)

There are also a couple of other functions supported for the rest of the Chrysler lineup not listed above, which would include the Wrangler.

These functions can be found in VCM Scanner under Vehicle Controls & Special Functions

Tuner in Training
    just disabled TPMS, resized tires up to 34.5 and re learned the trans, took all of 2 minutes, using version 4.4.4 Very Happy 2015 jeep wrangler Unlimited automatic

Tuner in Training
    Please explain the "Relearned Trans procedure" and its function……..

Tuner in Training
    I desperately need to change my shift points in my 2009 wrangler and I have credits. Just cant find anything in the suit to adjust them.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tconners View Post
    I desperately need to change my shift points in my 2009 wrangler and I have credits. Just cant find anything in the suit to adjust them.
    I do a ton of JK tuning. Email me your tune file with your gear ratio and tire size and I'll adjust them for you. magstuning at gmail dot com

Potential Tuner
    To those Jeep Wrangler 2015+ guys that had SC setups. did the unlock that superchips work for the HP tuners setup? Thinking of going to this setup for a more custom tune but DONT want to pay AGAIN for my ECU to be unlocked.