Thread: 2009 dodge 2500 6.7 tuning

Tuner in Training

2009 dodge 2500 6.7 tuning

A good friend of mine has a 6.7 cummins with the 6.7 and had a RACE.ME programmer on the truck. he asked me if id retune it because the tuner he is using only has the precalibrated box tunes and he wanted a custom tune. after restoring the truck to stock tune i was able to read the original file from the truck. i began to make changes until we had a strong file and truck pulls hard, egt look good and no smoke at full throttle just a slight haze. his truck has full deletes egr cooler, egr, and dpf. i have sense disabled the codes that are set for missing hardware but the truck still trys to go threw a regen cycle. At this point im assuming hp tuners doesnt have the ability to completely disable these systems. im also having a small issue holding boost up top too. no matter what i change peak boost goes from 30-31 psi to 27ish after about 2600 rpm. truck is stock fueling and stock vgt turbo original and modded file attached if anyone has any ideas possibly too much exhaust manifold pressure and the turbo is opening up the hot side more to flow? the logger for this truck kinda sucks too only logging very basic info. any input would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    The RaceME is made to deal with deletes and accepts custom Warp tuning in addition to the pre-installed canned tunes. With HPT you need to know the addresses for the emissions related stuff to turn them off. Just turning off the DTCs does nothing but turn off the DTCs.

Banned
    kind of a waste of $1600 on a solid product for your buddy

Tuner in Training
    Not really, he still has it. He's back on it right now until I implement a workround. I've sense bought damos on the wonols network and have found bit switches to disable. Though it would be nice to have this included in the tuning suite so I didn't have to flash it back to stock, use kess to read the unencrypted file modify it in Winols and flash it back then use hp tuners for basic tuning

Tuner in Training
    Bump for relivent info

Potential Tuner
    I?m having the exact same problem as you, 2008 6.7 . I haven?t seen any thing pop up for regen. Just having the problem with the turbo kicking out at 34psi and I cannot get my idle down from 800rpm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eurowise View Post
    Not really, he still has it. He's back on it right now until I implement a workround. I've sense bought damos on the wonols network and have found bit switches to disable. Though it would be nice to have this included in the tuning suite so I didn't have to flash it back to stock, use kess to read the unencrypted file modify it in Winols and flash it back then use hp tuners for basic tuning
    HPT will overwrite whatever you flash into the ecm. You need to use HPTs user defined parameters to take care of the deletes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    HPT will overwrite whatever you flash into the ecm. You need to use HPTs user defined parameters to take care of the deletes.
    yes it will but if you read the file with the deletes from the ecu and modify that it will work fine