Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.3 tahoe stock. look over please

5.3 tahoe stock. look over please

Log is a 5.3 tahoe stock everything only has a flow master. I have been researching and studying the forums and have re scaled the v.e table and maf recall. I have notice a little better throttle and slightly improved fuel mileage but i still have spikes of kr under light throttle and load. I cant hear any pinging and i dont know whats considered normal or how to eliminate it. i did notice while driving the kr will spike from 0 to 7.5 with a 100 rpm increase I have added timing to the whole table via scanner logs but pulling the timing from the cells with kr seams like it will make my timing choppy unless thats normal or ok. i still need to get around to adjusting the pe to a more savy 12.2 or so..jog around home after ve and maf recal.hpltq, manage adjust#1.hpl
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

Log burst knock, see if that is showing up at all. That could be what your knock event are.

I'd try to aim for low 20's with around 25-26 for max timing at full throttle on a stock 5.3. No sense in going to 28-30, it's not gaining anything there.

Don't let the timing curve get all choppy, keeping it smooth if how it should be. Often you can start the timing low around 18-20 degrees and ramp in up towards your peak as cylinder airmass and rpm rise. Left to right will slope low to high while top to bottom will slope high to low. It's like the factory slope in most cases, it's goes from 30 down to 18 from top to bottom from like .40 airmass to .76+ airmass. Both timing curves should never match either, the low octane table must have less timing in it so it can use the knock learn factor to adjust the timing when it knocks.

You'll never hear this knock either, unless it's so bad that you can feel it pulling the power down and pinging. 87 octane is going to show it more than 89+ and random part throttle knock is not uncommon either with 87 octane. I see it far less on better fuels.

Clean up your logs too. You are logging commanded AFR, EQ ratio and your TPS twice.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Leaned out my p.e and logged burst kr. Did i not set up my scanner correctly because the burst kr never moves. Also i looked over my ho spark table and notice its adding more timing than whats inburst knock log.hpl my table at wot. Have not figured out what else is adding more timing
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Post your tune.

It's probably something in your spark correction tables. Like the "GAS" table is adding in timing based on rpm and commaded eq ratio.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

i will take a look around to see what else i can find. what about the kr and burst knock. i notice that timing isnt being pulled when the kr shoots up . is this because something is pulling the timing or is that the sensors detecting knock.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Without seeing your file, I can't tell what is going on. I only have the log to look at.

screen shots.png think i found it.. i will try tomorrow. i have not changed my file from the first one i started this thread with. only a p.eadjustment
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

The first post has two log files.

Tuner in Training
    Hi is anybody here can check my issue i try to read an 2002 chevorlet tahoe 1500 5.3L it reads but stop on 3.1% and failed pop some message Reader Upload Invalid Checksum

Thanks

I am not sure why but every time I upload a log and tune file it lumps them together and looks like one . the tune file is labeled maff recal and tq manage adjust. I apologize for my ignorance I try to research my isuses before i post thank you for your help.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    When you use the uploader, dont insert them to a line. Just upload them and post them. Then attachments will be in a special attachment window at the bottom of the post.

XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomoto View Post
    Are you uploading the .hpt file out of VCM Editor when you do these uploads? It has still only been logs, not any tune files.

Really.. Well shit. When I get home I will review how to have been doing it.

Potential Tuner
    Just remember, tunes have the file extension .hpt (example - pre_change_tune.hpt) and logs have the file extension .hpl (example - knock_detected_log.hpl) - I make the habit of putting _tune or _log in the name of my saved logs and tunes just to make it easier to read quickly since hpt and hpl can look similar to this almost blind guy.

sorry guys i am retarded..
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Can I get a amen..lol

Potential Tuner
    I'm not the one to answer your tuning question but, hey, at least there's a tune there now! Nice work.

Does the tune look to be a ship shape or was that a touch of sarcasm? If sarcasm thank you...if a complement thank you..🤣

Put about 4 gallons of e85 in the tank and only got a max of 1.8 kr just a couple of times where i was seeing 7 or so under light throttle and under light load. is it safe to say my crappy 87 is shooting up my kr and my tune isnt so bad?19-06-27 21-45-31.hpl
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors