Thread: 2008 6.7 Cummins Manual Tune

Potential Tuner

Cool 2008 6.7 Cummins Manual Tune

I've got a 2008 6.7 manual trans tune going with a full delete. Runs pretty strong, the boost is doesn't climb as fast as I want it to. The most boost I've seen is about 34psi on the scanner, mechanical gauge is about 30psi. The main thing that bothers me the most is the idle, I can't get it below 800rpm. I've set everything in the tune for 650rpm but nothing works...??.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo22Ram View Post
    I've got a 2008 6.7 manual trans tune going with a full delete. Runs pretty strong, the boost is doesn't climb as fast as I want it to. The most boost I've seen is about 34psi on the scanner, mechanical gauge is about 30psi. The main thing that bothers me the most is the idle, I can't get it below 800rpm. I've set everything in the tune for 650rpm but nothing works...??.
    Post your tune so people can help you.

Tuner in Training
    did you change maximum allowable idle rpm?

Potential Tuner
    If I change the maximum allowable idle rpm then in the winter it won't go on high idle to warm up.

If I change the maximum allowable idle rpm then in the winter it won't go on high idle to warm up.
    If you change that and it still idles high you probably have a mechanical issue. If it it fixes it it's probably tune related. I will say being able to view your tune with a data log would make it go alot quicker. It's really hard to know if something simple was over looked not saying it is but we all make mistakes. If you don't want to show it for some reason or another PM Jim P with your tune, he's very knowledgeable with cummins stuff and i'm sure he will figure it out quickly.

Banned
    It?s all about understanding the parameters and what they do. Increasing the maximum allowable idle rpm does nothing for setting rpm at a lower speed and raising it can cause potential interference with high idle features.