Thread: 2 bar sd problem

Tuner in Training

2 bar sd problem

Hi, I just wrote the 2 bar system to the truck and barely starts after a few cranks and shut off, the truck was fine after changing the OS, I attached the tune file
    thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you set up the VE table??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I changed the VE table

What about the map data??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I changed the sensor linear and offset

MAP data hasn't been changed from the default of 200/10.33, and the MAF is failed incorrectly. P0101-103 are set to No Error Reported, those have to be No MIL and MIL on First Error.

Tuner in Training
    I have the maf failed in No Mil Light and the map values what do I need to change

You have to change the MAP settings to match whatever MAP sensor you have plugged in, nobody here knows what that is but you. Did you change out the sensor at the same time you did the custom OS?

Did you change injectors at the same time, or was it running with those in there before the OS change?

In the tune you posted above, the MAF codes are not correct. Do you mean you've changed them since then? This isn't a newspaper classified where more words than the bare minimum costs you money, use as many as you need to clarify what you're trying to tell us. They are free. You will get better help if we don't have to waste time asking you stuff you should have explained from the start.

You also have stock data in the Engine Diag > Airflow tab > Map P0106 Calculated MAP Max table, only goes up to 105kpa, and P0106 code is still enabled in the DTC tab. Either put correct data in that table to match the new MAP sensor that now(?) goes above 105kpa, or disable the P0106 code.

If P0102 is set to No Error Reported, it will never set the code, and if it never sets the code it will never switch over to SD mode, and if it never switches over to SD and there's no longer a MAF sensor on the truck, it won't run. Make sense?

Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    the truck was running perfect until I changed the OS, ok I changed the maf codes and disable the map sensor code too

Is there still a MAF sensor on the truck? Or not? It was removed and running without it before the OS change? Is there a reason you can't/didn't post the file it was running on with everything working from before so somebody can compare before/works to after/doesn't? Is it a secret? Nothing to compare, no info about what parts are plugged in or not, etc... frustrating.

What MAP sensor are you using? Stock? Or was that changed before the OS?

Sorry for the dumb questions but my crystal ball is in the shop for its 300-hour service.

Tuner in Training
    I removed the maf sensor and the truck was running ok, the map sensor is a 2 bar gm sensor and this is the original file of the truck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is that the most recent file from before the OS change? When were the bigger injectors put in, before or after it stopped running, because the 'old' file you posted has different flow rate compared to the 'new' file that suddenly doesn't work anymore? You haven't mentioned the injectors not once - ARE there bigger injectors in it, or did that table get changed by accident? Or what? I still have not even the most vague picture of what hardware is being used here.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer for MAP linear/offset for a "2-bar sensor". Does the specific part number of your sensor FOR REAL have correct specs of Linear 200/Offset 10.33? Those numbers are just default filler values used by the new OS, they are not meant to be correct for any/all the unknown variations of what somebody calls a "2-bar sensor". What is the part number on the sticker on YOUR sensor, and where did you get the linear/offset numbers from? How do you know the sensor you are using needs those numbers?

Tuner in Training
    the map sensor number is 12580698, this sensor was working ok with the linear calibration 94.43 of the old sensor until the OS change and I tried with that calibration too, the injector on it are 60lb siemens and about the flow rate the truck was running great with both injectors,
    Last edited by yosby330; 06-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.

12580693 is not even a valid part number. Is it the stock part for whatever year/model this is?

If it was working correctly before with a linear of 94.43, then this is a 1-bar MAP. It will still work just fine with the 2-bar OS, but you have to put the right numbers in the little boxes.

If you can figure out the correct MAP part number, change the Linear to the correct number for that part number, change the P0101-103 codes to MIL on First Error, it should run.

I think that's all I can do, time for a drink and try to forget this ever happened.

Tuner in Training
    sorry the last number is a 8, 12580698 I did just what you said with the linear and the maf codes to mil on first error, do I mark the ses enable or I leave it blank
    Last edited by yosby330; 06-17-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by yosby330 View Post
    sorry the last number is a 8, 12580698 I did just what you said with the linear and the maf codes to mil on first error, do I mark the ses enable or I leave it blank
    Leave it blank.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    service engine soon (ses) it toggles the dash light when codes are triggered. blank means it wont come on when the code it is attached to is thrown
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman