Thread: IAT temp too high

Potential Tuner

IAT temp too high

Hello,

I have a 2013 mustang GT with an edelbrock 2650 that we are in the final process of wrapping up a tune with. I am having issues with the IAT temp reading 150*C and not displaying on the dash. I have the VMP harness with the brass temp sensor. When we pull the sensor out of the manifold it still reads over 100*C even though it is exposed to ambient air. We tried a different sensor with the same result. If we pull the plug off the sensor it reads -40* as it should. Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    Brass sensor is for 15+ cars only, 11-14's need the plastic one(black with pink thread paste). If you wanna try and make it work then go grab a 15+ stock file and copy the IAT sensor data from it to your file. It's located under the engine diagnostics section. Don't confuse the AAT for the IAT, AAT is ambient air, IAT is intake air, the intake air might also be called MCT, it'll be pretty obvious which one is intake temp when you read the description

What he said.

Potential Tuner
    I must be missing something. I am not seeing that at all.
    IAT.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshue21 View Post
    I must be missing something. I am not seeing that at all.
    IAT.PNG
    Copperhead prob doesn't have it if it's not there. Oh well, that would of been one work around, guess you should just do the plastic sensor instead.

Eric says he will be adding the MCT transfer function to 11+ Copperheads in an upcoming overhaul.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Eric says he will be adding the MCT transfer function to 11+ Copperheads in an upcoming overhaul.
    It amazes me how much stuff is missing in Copperheads and how much attention 15-17s get. I am scared that eventually stuff will never get added because the car will be too old to spend time on...
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    It amazes me how much stuff is missing in Copperheads and how much attention 15-17s get. I am scared that eventually stuff will never get added because the car will be too old to spend time on...

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post

Stuff might not get added if it is never asked for.

If you know of specific useful parameters, please email support and request them.

Stuff might not get added if it is never asked for.

If you know of specific useful parameters, please email support and request them.
    It might be worth looking at SCT, The WY3N strategy has far more parameters than any other I've seen for a copperhead.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    It might be worth looking at SCT, The WY3N strategy has far more parameters than any other I've seen for a copperhead.

Could you export a list of parameters or even screenshots of all them?

Advanced Tuner
    Missing isn't the right term. There are tens of thousands of parameters that the software does not expose since its not usually modified. It will never be fully broken out since its far too time consuming and as states will usually never be changed.

If you have the bin editing add on I can give you the address so you can add that parameter.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Missing isn't the right term. There are tens of thousands of parameters that the software does not expose since its not usually modified. It will never be fully broken out since its far too time consuming and as states will usually never be changed.

If you have the bin editing add on I can give you the address so you can add that parameter.
    Does SCT have a way to see the bin address parameters for already defined parameters? That'd be awesome if we could just start plugging in our own
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Could you export a list of parameters or even screenshots of all them?

here's a quick screen shot of the MCT scalar you mentioned. Manifold charge temp.png
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Advanced Tuner
    no, sct nor hptuners shows the addressing if it did anyone could easily create their own software.

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post

No one is suggesting that every parameter be added.

I'm just saying if SCT has useful Copperhead parameters that HPT is still missing, let's get them submitted to support to be added.

I can't help but think there are some frictional/pumping loss tables we don't have. Maybe other Driver Demand / IPC settings?

I also can't seem to find functional settings for ETC control tuning. [ECM] 12406 - ETC Throttle Angle Derivative Gain: The derivative gain for the ETC throttle feedback controller., along with proportional and integral, seem the likely ones, but I have tried a range of values and can't discern an effect. PR Filtering may have a subtle impact, but the axis values seem to define a super narow range of operation compared to the full range of PR values when driving (at least for how HPT says PR is defined).

Advanced Tuner
    theres several parameters I deem to be important that sct doesnt have either so theres really no clear way to draw the line so to speak

yes their is several thousand dbw parameters not exposed in hptuners nor sct.