Thread: trying to wake this thing up

Tuner in Training

trying to wake this thing up

kind of new to the tuning world. last time I actually did this stuff was back in college. any who I got a 2008 gmc sierra 2500hd with the 6l90. I have exhaust (still has cats) for now and intake. I am also running bigger tires 305/55r20 now before I even put the bigger tires on it the truck was doggy especially compared to my 04 2500. now I started writing my tune and I just want to see if im heading in the right direction so far and if there's anything ive missed to wake her up alittle. thanks guys ill post a log later but for now I have the tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't copy the timing curves. The low octane had less timing in it for a reason, leave it that way.

You can try adding in some mid range timing. I'd suggest 89 octane or better as 87 is crap. Watching your data logs is key. Making sure fuel trims are in order or watching for knock retard.

Some people will play with the VVT tables on the intake to see if that helps. They'd shift the numbers to lower rpm's.

Bring the PE rpm delay down to 1,500rpm, raise the map KPA to 80-90 instead. 50% throttle is fine.

Tuning the transmission won't exactly wake it up but it surely helps with how they drive and shift. Looks like you have read the TCM yet.

Past that it's still a heavy truck trying to move really heavy tires. Doing a gear swap would do wonder if you don't plan to add any more power through engine mods. Doing some 4.10's or 4.56's would make it move out way better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    okay thank you yeah ill eventually re gear it. I've seen a video where the person was changing the timing in relation IAT temp running 0 up to 131* across the board then adding 1 up to 7 across the temp range then interpolating the graph to smooth out the curve. that sound about right? was going to do the same and test it.