Thread: Need a new ECU for my 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT

Senior Tuner

Need a new ECU for my 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT

Pretty sure i fried some or part of the ECU when i crossed some wiring on my sensors. To rule out the ECU as the cause, I want to replace it. But not sure the exact procedure and what tools I need to do so? The VIN needs to be flashed, don't think HP can do that. Advice or suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    Best to have it flashed with the factory tools before using HP Tuners to tune with.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Just thinking out loud but I'm curious what makes you think it is an issue with the ecu. Did you try and read/flash it after? I've had my car do some really funky stuff when a flash was interrupted. I've always been able to reflash and the issues are resolved (knock on wood). Just a thought, maybe you have already tried this.

Senior Tuner
    My suspicion of a fried PCM is a very weak ignition, which the coils are seemingly going intermittently firing and not able to recover under any amount of cylinder pressure.

On first fireup, I had the ground side of the IAT sensor being fed a solid 5v by accident. Once corrected it seemed all was ok but once WOT is attempted I get the weak ignition. I am suspecting a fried coil driver(s)

So far I?ve ruled out all the main wiring grounds, the coils, and the spark plugs. So now I?m down to the engine harness and ECU. I?ve got a new engine harness in hand and want to also have the ECU in hand.