Thread: 4L60E hard shifting 1->2 but no P1870

4L60E hard shifting 1->2 but no P1870

Hi,
    I have a 4L60E from a Camaro 1997 in Chevy Coupe -40. I'm having the common problem of hard upshift 1->2. I've found various suggestion on parts to replace, but they all seems to be related to having error code P1870. In my case I don't have any error codes at all. My question is, should I go for replacing suggested parts anyway or could it be something fatal with my tune (attached here)?

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Whenever you fail the MAF on a GEN3 the trans commands high pressure. This is fine temporarily while we tune the VE table. I think that if you want to run without the MAF you need to change your OS to an actual SD OS.
    Last edited by IARLLC; 06-26-2019 at 11:31 AM.

If you're running speed density and dont want the harsh full line pressure shifts simply go to
    Trans diag -> DTCs -> Set P0101, P0102, P0103 to disable.

This will give you your regular shift pressures in speed density, no need for custom OS.

Quote Originally Posted by 3strokeEngine View Post
    If you're running speed density and dont want the harsh full line pressure shifts simply go to
    Trans diag -> DTCs -> Set P0101, P0102, P0103 to disable.

This will give you your regular shift pressures in speed density, no need for custom OS.
    Thank you, but they are already set to disable. There must be another reason for the harsh 1->2 shift.

Tuner
    Try adding some torque reduction back in >torque management>abuse mode and torque reduction non of mine are zeroed out
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Tuner
    Try this first,go to trans, torque converter, general, shift lock and disable shift lock on shifts. (The TCC is staying locked on shifts right now.)