Thread: It's dying 20-30 seconds after tune is put in...

Tuner in Training

It's dying 20-30 seconds after tune is put in...

We copied a tune for one of our camaros, and put it in, and the car starts up, idles great, then after a few seconds dies just like if we turned the key off. Then when that happens, it will not restart at all. The tune has to be put back into the car, and the same thing happens again. It's an 01 pcm, it has been tuned before, and I don't have a clue where to even start looking on this, as I am completely new to tuning.

did you try sticking the stock tune back in the car?...or -A- stock tune, if you dont have one

Tuner in Training
    No, it had a tune, and then recently we got the stock tune put back in it (it was a refunded tune basically)... so we were starting from a stock tune this go round, and we got a friend's tune who has all the same mods and copied it, but when the tune is put in, it only runs for a few seconds... and then we have to reload the tune again. It won't run with a stock tune in it. It's sounds like the motor is going to blow up.

Tuner in Training
    I hope you can make sense of what I just wrote, because i know it sounds confusing. lol

Does the VIN in the PCM match the VIN tag on the car? If not, that's a problem that needs to be fixed with the VIN change function.
    If they don't match, VATS (vehicle security) will cut off the engine just like you are reporting.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Does the VIN in the PCM match the VIN tag on the car? If not, that's a problem that needs to be fixed with the VIN change function.
    If they don't match, VATS (vehicle security) will cut off the engine just like you are reporting.

EC
    It should match since we were copying the tune into our own tables, but I will make sure of that. Thanks for the advice.

Tuner in Training

EC
    I forgot this isn't going to work because the pcm in the car has been changed. This was originally an Lt1 car... But we don't have the stock tune that was in the car, or else we could flash that back in and see if it changes anything. I can't figure out what's going on, and it's pretty frustrating.

Check the System settings and turn the VATS combobox to NONE.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Check the System settings and turn the VATS combobox to NONE.
    Ok, I will try that next. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I tried messing with the VATS settings, this didn't work. I tried changing to vin number, and that didn't work. I relinked the VATS, that also did not work.