Thread: Can I remove the Rev Hang from 5.7L HEMI RAM?

Tuner

Can I remove the Rev Hang from 5.7L HEMI RAM?

Can I remove the Rev Hang from my 5.7L HEMI RAM?
    Is "Rev Hang" the right terminology I should be using?

Thanks,
    Scott

What year model is it bud. If by rev hang you mean the lazy shifts than yes. It can be tuned out. Depends on what trans you have for the process. Lot of good posts in the transmission forum for help.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    What year model is it bud. If by rev hang you mean the lazy shifts than yes.
    Sorry, 2014 RAM 1500 with 5.7L HEMI and 8-Speed.

I'm not talking about shifts. The ZF shifts great. I'm talking about when your rev the engine and it /slowly/ decreases the RPMs.

Thanks,
    Scott

I got you, I would post the tune up so people can chime in bud.

Potential Tuner
    I have had luck with decreasing PT spark in the low aircharge areas, will lead to surging if you go too far.

Tuner
    I got you, I would post the tune up so people can chime in bud.
    I will work on pulling it down. It's the factory tune, though.

Thanks,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by thehemi View Post
    I will work on pulling it down. It's the factory tune, though.

Thanks,
    Scott
    I'd look for vacuum leaks with a can of brake and parts cleaner, (flamable type) eng with rev if you hit the leak with it.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    I'd look for vacuum leaks with a can of brake and parts cleaner, (flamable type) eng with rev if you hit the leak with it.
    No, it's not a vacuum leak, it's the tune. Sounds like an emissions thing. I think it's most annoying with manual transmissions.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/rev...heads-hate-it/

Advanced Tuner
    When I was data logging via a trinity, I would often see throttle hang.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...3&d=1518629940

Unlike the chevy guys we don't have a pedal follower mode or at least one that is mapped.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxnnFDpy2-4

There are things in FI applications that can create more throttle hang but in NA applications I have not seen anyone successfully get rid of it completely.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post365545
    Last edited by Homer; 06-23-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Someone have a way to remove this stupid rev hang??

Yes. The trick is going to be your torque model friction table. Let me screen shot one i did for a tsp stage 4 that had some rev hang with some minor tweaks you can get it golden

So being that this vehicle didn't have a Minimum airflow table, I needed to adjust the friction table in order to keep it idling till i could verify with a afr gauge.. you all know the NN vehicle's ve table is junk when you put a giant cam in.. so anyways here is the stock and modified version to relieve the throttle hang.

Attachment 93799Attachment 93800
    Last edited by luciddeath; 10-15-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I think OP is refering to the slow throttle down to idle like others have asked previously.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?80661-hemi-idle-lag-after-rev-help&p=584367#post584367

That's exacty why i used negative values in there.. this vehicle had throttle hang when you would step on it.. now it doesn't.

Of course you wouldn't need to add value to the low end, just put in lower values around 0 or some negative like i did to help it drop quick.

In park if I gave it gas it would rev high and hold. Now it drops much better.

Advanced Tuner
    In park if I gave it gas it would rev high and hold. Now it drops much better.
    In the other post you stated the transient fuel decel tables could remedy this...or is adjusting friction a better alternative?

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried logging commanded idle during the rev hang?

I never adjusted transient fuel decel tables. I was refering to the torque model for that but for a idle issue someone had.. just stating that it would change it not remedy. I wouldn't touch those at all.