Thread: Mopar newbie question

Advanced Tuner

Mopar newbie question

Greetings.

As the subject says, Im new to Mopars. Im a little confused on a few things so I have a few questions...

1. Whats the necessity for VE bank 2? I just tuned a SRT8 Jeep with the Max Plus cam. Which leads to the next question...

2. Can these platforms be tuned using ONLY bank 1 and disabling bank 2? When I tried, bank 2 went CRAZY. Which leads to the next question...

3. Why, when tuning bank 2, why are the VE tables SO DIFFERENT? Is this a design flaw or just basic Mopar?

ANY knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated. Just trying to get a basic understanding.

Thanks in advance!
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Greetings.

As the subject says, Im new to Mopars. Im a little confused on a few things so I have a few questions...

1. Whats the necessity for VE bank 2? I just tuned a SRT8 Jeep with the Max Plus cam. Which leads to the next question...

2. Can these platforms be tuned using ONLY bank 1 and disabling bank 2? When I tried, bank 2 went CRAZY. Which leads to the next question...

3. Why, when tuning bank 2, why are the VE tables SO DIFFERENT? Is this a design flaw or just basic Mopar?

ANY knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated. Just trying to get a basic understanding.

Thanks in advance!
    1. Not sure why bank 2 VE is added but it could be for more refined tuning.

2. Yes you can disable VE bank 2 and just tune with bank 1 but folks still copy bank 1 values to bank 2.

3. I notice on manual challengers, both VE tables are identical but on autos there are slight differences. I thought it might be due to MDS?