Thread: 2018 Track Hawk P0600

Tuner in Training

2018 Track Hawk P0600

Anyone run into a P0600 after installing a new unlocked computer in one of these vehicles. This is the first new computer I've installed in a 2018 as I've always just sent in the original computer to have it unlocked. I already tried reseting all the adaptives, re-did the crank cam relearn, throttle relearn and programed the mileage into the new computer but I keep getting the check engine light with a code P0600. The only time the light turns off is after I perfrom the crank cam relearn but it will pop back on after I cycle the key. I cant tell if this effects the way it runs, seems to be no effect on running.

2018 Jeep Trackhawk

Tuner in Training
    Still can figure out this P0600 code. The one thing I noticed was that the cooling fan turns on no mater what the temp is when you start up the vehicle and it goes to high speed. I'll post up the tune and maybe someone out there will notice a problem. Otherwise I'm assuming the problem is with this new PCM.

Tune is for a Whipple 4.5 ID1300 LT's 4.75 pulley
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Seeing the code is a serial communication link error are you positive the connections to the PCM are good?

Tuner in Training
    I feel confident the connection is good. With the stock computer I dont have this code. Only with the unlocked computer. I am using a Zautomotive bypass, not the hp tuners bypass. Ive used them before with out issue but this is something that support asked me about.

Tuner in Training
    So I had sent the computer back in to Hp tuners. I'm not sure what they did with it but I have it back in the vehicle with the HP tuners bypass installed now. I am still getting the P0600 code. It comes on as soon as I cycle the key. I double checked the connection at the PCM and all the pins look good. I just ordered a new computer from HP because I'm not sure what else to try. I did notice that under the General tab for Engine Type it is blank on the tune. The other Trackhawks I've tunes say 6.2 trackhawk in that space. I'm not sure if this maters or effects anything. Please chime in if anyone out there can offer some info. I'll update this if I ever figure it out.

That's an odd one even from unlock, only thing I could see is damage (physical) from the unlock process. I guess it could even have been static electricity that fried something. That DTC directly relates to just an internal processor comm failure. Meaning if you get that code, replace PCM. There is no diag for it, just replace the big silver fuse. Once you get the new PCM and it's good I'd be talking to who you got the PCM from. You said it was new?