So... I found, and read this;

Trans Cleaning Procedure:
Begin the transmission cleaning procedure. Before starting the procedure, you must log the PID "Cleaning Status" in the scanner to be informed of the current process status. Enable conditions: Engine running at idle, vehicle not moving, transmission selector in Park, transmission temperature 70 - 110 DegC. Please note during this test the engine speed will increase and decrease automatically and various clutch noises may he heard from the transmission.

But that procedure, if you follow it by the letter as printed/typed above.. Does not work. Please note, I've tried it on SEVERAL different vehicles and can NEVER get it to work. Is there something I'm missing that was not included in the instructions? Are there actual instructions listed somewhere?

I've tried it with the parking brake set. I've tried while holding the foot brake depressed. I've tried it with my tongue hanging out of the left side of my mouth. I've tried it with my tongue hanging out of the right side of my mouth. I've tried searching for others who have had success getting this process to work..

After I realized that I could close out the VCM scanner and re-open it, and re-connect to the vehicle and it would automatically show "ABORTED" in the trans cleaning status pid, I read this;

Go into your "Documents/HPTuners/VCMScanner/Vehicles" folder and delete the .os files. This will force the scanner to re-poll the ECM for supported PID's and see if it comes up.

And began doing that... Now, this vehicle is to the point that I can delete the .os files, and go right back in and it STILL shows ABORTED... Even after deleting the files, turning the engine off, completely closing the VCM scanner and re-starting it.............

What gives? What am I doing wrong? Or is that I'm just wasting time on a "feature" that is not bug-free? If I know it will never work, I'll just give up now and move on to something else. If it is something I'm doing wrong, then I need to know so that I can learn how to get it right..

Anybody?