Thread: New and need a little push in the right direction.

Potential Tuner

New and need a little push in the right direction.

HI, I am new to this computer tuning but want to learn to do this so I dont have to pay a tuner every time i do something to my car. First I will give a list of what has been done to the motor.

2010 Camaro
    416 stroker
    forged internals
    11.5:1 compression
    244int/260exh@ 050
    0.625 int/0.625 exh
    113 lobe sep.
    6spd man.
    stock intake and injectors

what I have tuned so far calibrated maf, Idle speed, Idle air+2, added 10* to DFCO table for backfiring (have not tried it yet).
    I have tried to work with the VE but when I tune out MAF I get reduced engine power after about 2 min. Car runs pretty good with just these changes but I know it could run alot better attached is the tune and a log file with some interstate driving. not any hard pulls (traffic was pretty bad on I77 today). thanks in advance.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    wouldn't load my log file..
    wont load?? maybe to big??

Advanced Tuner
    set P0068 (in engine diagnostics>airflow) enable RPM to 8192. that will stop reduced power mode when MAF is off.

you'll also need to make sure you fail the MAF, appropriate DTCs and diagnostic tests when you do calibrate the VVE.

I would advise turning off injector desoot switch and maxing out fast torque exiy

Potential Tuner
    lukearmstrong1990 you were exacty right... Sorry didnt see this till now but did a little more research and one MAF DTC was not off and rpm was not set to 8192... cant find a whole lot on e38 ecm have to mix and match but i have the afr pretty good I hope. now and am working on timing.. If youn have a chance please look at my last log and give me some feedback.
    Attached Files Attached Files