Thread: Knock mode sensor on a GT 2009 Stang

Potential Tuner

Knock mode sensor on a GT 2009 Stang

I?m tuning a Stang GT 2009 and having some issues with the knock configuration . Can some one tell me which Knock protocol is the indicated and what is the correct Knock sensor Mode ?
    It actually has :
    - Knock sensor protocol : Global
    - Knock sensor mode : 0

The actual issue is that I can?t see any knock retard or knock signs at all on loggs , no matter the changes I made in a spark advance tables. I think these system is not working properly.

any advance will be very grateful-

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I'm confused on this as well but one thing I noticed on my f150 is if I disable cylinder air anticipation I won't see any movement on the scanner as far as pulling or adding.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    I'm confused on this as well but one thing I noticed on my f150 is if I disable cylinder air anticipation I won't see any movement on the scanner as far as pulling or adding.
    I see .
    Do you know what is the difference between the Global and Per Cylinder Knock Modes at the Knock Retard item in the computer chart, I mean how these different modes affect the PCM behavior?

Thanks again

Advanced Tuner
    global retards all cylinders and per cylinder does only the knocking cylinder.

Be aware some strategies do not fully support swapping that switch and it could corrupt your timing. I dont recommend changing that switch unless you verify it functions when changed.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    global retards all cylinders and per cylinder does only the knocking cylinder.

Be aware some strategies do not fully support swapping that switch and it could corrupt your timing. I dont recommend changing that switch unless you verify it functions when changed.
    Great, that is very interesting . Before the HP Tuner I was using a BAMA tune , in wich the Per Cyl strategy is used, but I have been reviewing several HT tunes in which they use the Global strategy including the stock PCM configuration.
    Since then I was testing with both strategys looking for some changes in loggs at difference spakr advance charts , nevertheless I have not been able to show any knock ; this really worries me because I don't know if the knok sensor system doesen't work properly at my engine or if I'm using the wrong srtategy or just because there's really not knock despite the changes made at spark advance chart.

Thanks guys for your comments , they are helping me to know and understang a little bit more about these.
    Last edited by carmonch; 06-23-2019 at 02:57 PM.