Thread: lean in gear take off's

lean in gear take off's

This is a Ls3 to LSA conversion running 6lbs of boost. I have had this issue for awhile now and can not place my finger on it. When first starting the car when cold or even after running it for awhile, so engine warm just shut down and then restarted, the car upon take off runs lean for about 30 sec to 1 min til it goes into to c.l. mode. I have tried adjusting open loop gas gear mode, I have played with the transiets fuel mass gains impact factor. The other part is while the car is warm in c.L mode it will then switch to o.l. mode while at an idle for a period of time then. When it goes into o.l. mode at idle it starts to run lean until it switches back to c.l. mode. THe fuel trims at idle in c.l. mode are around + or - 2, 3 percent.

Here is a quick scan on a cold engine take off.cold lean take off gas.hplcold lean take off gas.hpl
    2015 2ss 1LE Camaro with LSA conversion. stock pulleys 6lbs of boost. put down 530 r.w.h.p.

in for info.....
    maggie on mine kinda does the same.

Cylinder Charge Temperature Bias table

The cylinder charge temperature bias map on my tune is zero'd out . Infact on the stock ZL1 file they are zero'd out as well. The filter on my tune as all ones.. what numbers should one start with on the bias? It says higher numbers bias towards e.c.t. so should I start with all ones??

Senior Tuner
    0 is all iat and 1 is all ect, try .5 and if u have a stock file with it populated use that as it also bias more towards iat as airflow increases as it's less time in the manifold heating up towards ect

Should I leave the cylinder charge temperature filter settings all at 1 or change them back to stock settings as well?

Senior Tuner
    havnt actually played with that one to see any effects, could try factory if u change the bias back to factory

With a PD supercharger I was under the impression you want the bias to be almost entirely to IAT, as the IAT sensor is very very close to the combustion chamber and the temperature will not bias towards ECT much at all between the IAT and the intake valve. Mine are at 0 right now (bias entirely to IAT).

Senior Tuner
    yes its usually best for a PD blower to have solely iat after the blower, but on the odd occasion if fueling is swinging too much because of the iat variable u can put it a little on the ect side that stays more constant and it can help, if u use any bias just log MAT pid as it is the calculation between the iat/ect bias the ecu sees

Change the bias and filter to the same setting as a stock camaro settings and it is still running lean on o.l. take off. I will try to add more to the lower transients as I believe it is more of a transient problem than a fueling from ect to i.a.t..

Do transients work in open loop and closed loop? Are are they only active in closed loop mode?

Senior Tuner
    transients should work when ever there is a decent shift in load/rpm dependant on what u have them setup like, if the issue is durin a throttle movement then u could adjust those transiant temp areas see if it helps