Thread: LS3 Minimum throttle position.

LS3 Minimum throttle position.

Car runs well mostly, idle is solid but for some reason when I give the car a very small amount of throttle like inching up my driveway (slight incline) the throttle position will drop from its idle position to around 6.7% and cause the engine to stall.
    Mods are in my sig, Car has a NW102 throttle body with no hole drilled.

Trying to work out if there is a setting that controls the minimum throttle position when the pedal is in control.

Attached is a log where I was delibately stalling it, the problem is very repeatable and I dont think its related to Base Running Airflow as the airflow drops well below the settings in that table.

Tune also attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Senior Tuner
    u have disabled proportional idle air and the integral prob isnt enough to correct for it, also main spark/idle table left hand side airmass u can raise those numbers as thats where it goes when it stalls so at the moment its stalling and getting less base timing just watch where timing goes there and keep timing close to idle 19deg timing see if it helps also put same numbers in idle table if u change them

I've have tried changing the timing to no avail.
    Pretty sure it not an idle air issues as it seems to be when the idle passes over control to the throttle pedal that I have issues, if you look at 1.21 in the log its idling fine with the throttle at around 14%, as soon as the throttle pedal passes 1.6% the throttle position takes a dive to around 8.6% and the engine RPM drops, this appears to me as though the control is handed from the idle control logic over to pedal control. Just not sure where this pedal control comes from.
    I could fix the issue by drilling the throttle plate but I'd like to try and fix it in the tune if I can.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Senior Tuner
    yea i wouldnt drill a hole as that TB has pleanty of adjustment for flow just have to find where, ecm 12199 can have control on how far throttle will alow it to control its worth a try if u raise the low limit close to zero see if it helps or even raise the high limit encase it trying to use more throttle but it is stopped by this table