Thread: Lack of injector data

Lack of injector data

I picked up larger injectors for my car and did not realize I had a serious lack of crucial data. My question is if there is a good way to back into this data? More specifically, I am wondering if I can identify areas that are consistently rich or lean and adjust the flow vs pressure table accordingly. I would do this prior to tuning the vve table to help get things closer beforehand. I think I would have to log manifold pressure and eq error and maybe use that to adjust the table. Thinking out loud. Any advice would be appreciated.

Might end up sending them in to get flow tested if needed. It's just a huge pain to get at them in this car.

Advanced Tuner
    What injectors are they exactly?

If you're working on tuning a new combination and new injectors at the same time, you're going to have a really hard time knowing if its airflow/efficiency related or if its injector data related that needs changed.

There's a lot more to injector data than just a static flow test, especially with a stock computer. Some companies do offer injector characterization but it is going to be pricey. You may be better off selling them and getting something with solid data.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Thank you for the response. These are Bosch ev14 injectors that were decapped and allegedly flow matched at 80lbs/hr. I'm new to all this and I tend to learn things the hard way so I will likely need to purchase some injectors with legitimate data. I reached out to the seller on the off chance they can provide the info. Luckily, I'm doing this all as a hobby and way to learn so I don't have any significant amount of money invested. Thanks again!

Tuner in Training
    I have decapped gen 3 injectors in a gen 3 5.3 with btr stage 3 turbo cam. Can anyone post or send me a log with the correct parameters for the decaps. also need to delete the maf. the truck runs but tried to die at idle. injectors flowed around 75 to 80lbs. I've adjust flow vs kpa to get it to fire off and run

Advanced Tuner
    I stay away from decaps myself... But i think mostly people are just adjusting the flow rate and leaving the stock offsets for those injectors. If you're having problems you likely need to do more VE tuning work.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning