Thread: Write entire? DBC DBW V6 to V8 Swap

Tuner in Training

Write entire? DBC DBW V6 to V8 Swap

Hey guys. I have just finished gathering parts for my v6-v8 swap in my 2006 Silverado that is 2wd 5 speed.

The motor is a 2004 DBW 4.8 complete with harness, ecu, etc. My v6 truck is DBC. My new ECU does not have the driver for IAC. I would prefer to keep the truck DBC and I was hoping to reuse the v6 ECU, so I could do so. My problem is, I need atleast a 2 bar OS, and that is not an upgrade option in gmc editor under the OS tab.

Does that mean my ECU is not capable or I just need to perform write entire on my edu from a file that is 2 or 3 bar?

Also, any otger tidbits you can help,out with would be great. I would like to have my file all ready for when I do the swap.

Thank you!

Rich

Tuner in Training
    friday is for the boys

Tuner in Training
    No one? Thats disheartening.

I think part of the issue is that in 2006 I believe they stopped using DBC in the vans that would normal still be running DBC from 2003-2005. Your 2006 may have DBC because it's a V6 but I don't know if you can make it run the V8 without have a file to try using the segment swap with that was factory DBC.

Possible that even doing the segment swap with a V8 file would still work as your computer has the IAC drivers for it.

It's also possible that you could use a GM tool to flash your computer with a file from like a van that has DBC and a 2/3 bar OS upgrade. Flashing in different OS/Files with HP Tuners can get costly because of the amount of credits you'd be spending.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! Do you know how to find gum scanner files? I have a friend that has the gym hardware.

The GM software you have to use to load the calibrations pulls the most current files off the GM servers based on the VIN it reads from the controller, or the VIN you feed it (if it's different than what's already in the PCM). If your friend with the gym(sic)(and lol, are you really trying to do this from a goddamn phone?) hardware is already set up to do reprogramming he'll already have what's needed.

Tuner in Training
    Yeeeesss it was from a phone.... lol. thanks for the help guys.