Thread: help with cam/headers Caprice PPV please!

help with cam/headers Caprice PPV please!

This thing is already kicking my butt with a few things! Never tuned a flex fuel/DOD computer before and I think that's where my problems are. Starts and idles cold pretty well, the traction control light and stabilitrac light come on?? Then gets up to temp and there is 35 degrees at idle! But still idles until I key off, and then when I try to start it back up it just flares up to about 1400 rpm and then just shuts down. I can kinda keep it running if I give it throttle but it is difficult. Seems like some table is adding a ton of timing somewhere, but I have tried zero'ing out and disabling every table I could find that adds spark, and nothing has worked. Thanks in advance for any direction on any of these issues!

The last log file is actually the first one I took on cold startup, the other ones are just different times I tried to start it and keep it running after disabling different things with no change.

BTW, the cam specs are 230/239 @ .050, 114 LSA. long tube headers, stock intake.
    COP CAR 1ST CODES AND TIMING MODS lots of timing tables disabled.hpt
    19-06-21 18-28-02.hpl
    19-06-21 18-21-56.hpl
    19-06-21 18-17-18.hpl
    19-06-21 17-37-05.hpl

Log your cylinder airmass/spark airmass. That will show you exactly where the engine is on the timing tables.

Your timing tables for both high/low and your idle spark base all have timing up around 35 degrees for .08 to .20 airmass and up to 1,200rpm. So if it's idling there, that is why your timing is so high. Without even doing another log you could just change those area's to something like 20-24 degrees and if the timing goes straight to there, you have answered your question.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Log your cylinder airmass/spark airmass. That will show you exactly where the engine is on the timing tables.

Your timing tables for both high/low and your idle spark base all have timing up around 35 degrees for .08 to .20 airmass and up to 1,200rpm. So if it's idling there, that is why your timing is so high. Without even doing another log you could just change those area's to something like 20-24 degrees and if the timing goes straight to there, you have answered your question.
    Dude, you were right, I'm a dumbdumb. Thank you. It's been a while since I touched my laptop and I was looking at the wrong graph to compare timing to.

Now do you have any ideas on why my traction control/ stabilitrac disabled lights are coming on at idle? When I rev the car, they go off, and then come back on at idle... Some funky stuff.