Thread: 2006 Trailblazer SS 4L80e help

Potential Tuner

2006 Trailblazer SS 4L80e help

Hey guys, I have had the 4L80e in my trailblazer for about a year and i have still been trying to figure out the tuning end of things to get it just right, I started with mail order tune(PCMofNC) when I first got everything together to get a baseline, then i took it to a dyno and had the knock sorted out and to get a baseline number. It runs good and strong and the trans shifts good but from one day to the next it acts differently, one day itll kick the back end out on the 1-2 shift and then next time it just shifts and goes. Can i get someone to look at my trans tuning to see if there is anything that I have/have not done that should/should not be?

I keep reading the guys with 07+ TBSS that they have to leave the TM in abuse on the trans side but I am not sure if that applies to the 06 MY and the different pcm (tcm could be the same havent searched that yet), so i grabbed a compare file of a 07 tbss 4l80e and there is alot of stuff different in that tune vs mine... other question how the hell do i attach my tune? lol

thank you

Here's a '06 w/4L80 for you to compare trans stuff. Not mine, it was posted here long time ago and I don't remember by who (ScarabEpic22 maybe?).

For how to attach a file, search. That's been explained seventy bazillion times already.

edit: Are you using the relay harness, or a tune with a real 80e segment in it? The attached file is a segment swapped one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Here's a '06 w/4L80 for you to compare trans stuff. Not mine, it was posted here long time ago and I don't remember by who (ScarabEpic22 maybe?).

For how to attach a file, search. That's been explained seventy bazillion times already.

edit: Are you using the relay harness, or a tune with a real 80e segment in it? The attached file is a segment swapped one.

So I looked at the file that you shared and there is quite a few things that are different. i have the PCMofNC harness and they did the tune but i was told there was lots wrong with it..... so i figured out how to attach a file (for some reason i was on mobile on my laptop), so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. the only things that were changed with pcm was the 2 variables but they had the wrong gear ratios in (now fixed), i was also working with bluecat trans table to make my shift points etc.

question, at what point are people doing the segment swaps instead of modifying the t42 tcm?

any help is appreciated.

pcummine.5.15.19.50shot.410gears.hpt
    Last edited by Pjfry; 07-02-2019 at 09:32 PM. Reason: wrong tcm #

There's two different methods to do this and you can't combine them, it's one way or the other. Segment swap is only used if not using the adapter harness. If you do the segment swap, you'd have to remove the harness and repin the connectors.

Have you looked over the instructions? http://pcmofnc.com/install/P-120021%...%20Harness.pdf

In your tune P0717 & P0741 (see instructions) are still set to MIL on Second Error.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    There's two different methods to do this and you can't combine them, it's one way or the other. Segment swap is only used if not using the adapter harness. If you do the segment swap, you'd have to remove the harness and repin the connectors.

Have you looked over the instructions? http://pcmofnc.com/install/P-120021%...%20Harness.pdf

In your tune P0717 & P0741 (see instructions) are still set to MIL on Second Error.
    Yes and this is the issue i run into with my transmission tune, it was supposed to be done by PCMofNC which would mean that they should have know what they are doing with the tune but i look at the instructions and they dont match what their tuner did lol.... see my confusion here... Im getting to the point that it was a waste for them to do any sort of tuning (my own learning experience i guess), i will go through it here.

Potential Tuner
    File is not showing up buddy?. Plz help lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Guidi815 View Post
    File is not showing up buddy?. Plz help lol!
    Which file from which post from which buddy is not showing up?