Thread: First solo tune

Potential Tuner

First solo tune

This was my first solo tune. Ive edited my tunes before that others have done base maps for me but this is my first time "building" one from scratch. Can anyone take a look at my log file and tune and tell me if Ive made any mistakes or if ive missed anything? The log file is a bit long but I wanted to get a good log of daily driving and a few rolling small pulls. I'm a noob at this but I'm definitely trying to learn. Any help, advice, criticism is appreciated.
    Tony 2018 Silverado 5.3L update 6.hpt
    scan3.hpl

Stock, modded?

I'm not sure where people keep reading this but people need to stop maxing out the torque tables on torqued based controllers. That is not how things work anymore, GEN 5 computers are not like GEN3 and GEN4 controllers when it comes to torque.

I'll give you can example of why. In this log you went full throttle a few times and not once did it ever drop down into power enrichment. Even though it hit your RPM delay, throttle percent and enable rpm BUT it can not hit your enable torque value.

It can't hit that value because you set the peak torque table to 6,000 ft lbs of torque and even 60% of that is a number that is impossible to hit.

Put the peak torque table back to stock and same with all your other torque mngt settings, change them when you understand how they work.

Once you do that you'll want to go back into your PE table and lean it back out because if you kept it the same you'd be running some crazy rich air fuel ratio's.

14.1/1.399 = 10.07 commanded.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok, that makes sense. Thank you for the info, I started learning on early 2000's vehicles and this is my first gen 5.