Thread: 2004 GTO '57 Chevy Swap Tune Question

Potential Tuner

2004 GTO '57 Chevy Swap Tune Question

Hey Guys,
    Looking for some guidance here. I'm new to this and giving it my best shot. Helping my uncle with his '57 Chevy with a 2004 GTO LS1/4L460, headers, and cold air. Tune 1 was done by the guy who modified the wiring harness, Tune 2 is my tune. Both tunes seem to "feel good "when you drive the car. This thing has a 3.70 Ford 9 inch. It runs and sounds like a beast but it won't perform a power brake. Before you make fun you need to know this car is my 75 yr old uncle's car. He restored it from the ground up and I helped wire and install the LS1. If he's 75 and he wants to power brake I dont ask questions I just try to help lol. He has a point though. When you attempt to power brake once you get around 1200 RPM and hit the throttle it falls just like a car would if traction control was on. I mean that is exactly what it feels like. I'm told it's brake torque but I cant see where that gets turned off for sure. Tune 1 you'll see the guy turned off abuse mode and all kinds of stuff. In my tune I was a little more conservative. The IAT is a fast acting and should be getting a real good source of cool air, yet it showed about 29-25' above ambient when cruising. Anyhow if anyone could take a peek and give me some pointers it might be worth a case of beer or something lol. I appreciate any advice. tune 1.hpltune 2 6-22-19.hpltune1.hpttune2.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Start with disabling engine abuse and transmission abuse modes. Settings are found under trq mgmt in the engine and transmission sections.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Brake tq mngt is set to 1 in the system options but it's not likely to be the cause for everything.

Disabling the engine abuse is the easiest.

You do have a pretty good lean condition at idle too, fuel trims are up around +20%.

With the engine TM disabled you want to bring the enable torque for PE way down to like 50% too.

Verify fuel pressure too. When you did go wide open throttle your o2 sensor took a nose dive to nothing. That tells me it's super lean. You need 58psi of fuel pressure for this engine.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 06-22-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.