Thread: P59 writting issue/truck runs, No writing issue truck won't run

Tuner in Training

P59 writting issue/truck runs, No writing issue truck won't run

I was trying to tune a 2003 Silverado LQ9 swap: LQ9, 212/218 TSP, 799 heads, LT headers 81.L injectors (aftermarket Radio subs)

I was trying to tune this truck, I get to it and write the PCM 2-3 different times w/fueling changes, spark, and varies other changes, and a new OS for RTT (which the RTT didn't work). I get to the end of the street to make a change and nothing. write timed out no crank nothing! Tow it back and put a charge on it and writes fine. I left and issue occurred again. Next day bought a new battery and wrote only with a charge on it (2amp). This worked a handful of times and the issue came back had to disconnect everything touch the battery cables and it worked for 1-2 writes and then timed out. Eventually that stopped working all together removed subs and Radio Fuse still no luck. After re-syncing my MPVI2 the PCM would write flawless or so I thought. I go to write the PCM, it loaded and now just Cranks and cranks and nothing. It read RPM during cranking I didn't save the scan file for cranking no start. I up loaded the last file that I was using and it didn't work. Go back to the file before that and it still wouldn't fire off. So I just started over with a base file and only made start up changes with no effect. Could someone look at this and tell me if its the files or another issue? This is an absolute ball buster as I drove an hr to help a friend w/a truck that would start messed with it for two and half days but ended up leaving with a truck not starting (just my luck).

'03_Silverado_Base_changes_Current_File.hpt

Tuner
    I had a similar issue, I lost my throttle. I did a write entire back to stock then did a write entire back to my current tune file and I got my throttle back and its been good ever since. I know we don't like to write entire but sometimes we have to.

Tuner in Training
    We had a throttle issue as well, but it ended up fixing itself somehow. Since RTT didn't work I did a write entire to the original OS with the stock file then made start up changes and upload. So currently it should be on the original OS, with just start up changes. I just don't get how it can go from being a PITA to get it to write and run, to writing on the first try and not run

Senior Tuner
    Aftermarket radio?

Tuner in Training
    yes but I removed the fuse

Senior Tuner
    That doesn't always work. Try pulling the radio amp fuse too. More than likely it is the aftermarket chime adapter interfering on the bus. Sometimes they have to be physically unplugged from the vehicle harness. Aftermarket remote starts that tap into the purple wire on the ALDL need to be disconnected too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    That doesn't always work. Try pulling the radio amp fuse too. More than likely it is the aftermarket chime adapter interfering on the bus. Sometimes they have to be physically unplugged from the vehicle harness. Aftermarket remote starts that tap into the purple wire on the ALDL need to be disconnected too.
    Believe it or not...I pulled on fuse at a time until it let me write on a vehicle that the write kept timeing out. ended up being an ABS accessory. The Security light on the dash would always pop up then the write timed out immediately after. So I pulled on fuse at a time until I found the one. After writing the initial tune/changes the tune wimed out in the middle of the write and then NOTHING would work and it wouldnt even turn over. I tried unchecking the High speed box and it took 45 minutes to write the tune in. Still wouldnt start but turned over this time. then did the write entire. Nothing. When I finally found the fuse everything was fine an no problems ever since.

Tuner in Training
    Which fuse was it??