Thread: LS2 KR Histogram

LS2 KR Histogram

New to HPT and just started logging on a stock LS2 (06' GTO). One thing I noticed immediately is that I am getting KR ranging from 0.4 - 2.0 showing up in a number of hist cells (max value) 1,400 - 2,000 rpm in the 0.28 -0.4 g/cyl. I'm using 91 plus octane. Is this typical or likely false KR? Should I be using the max value or avg value for KR?

Also noticed that LS2 vettes are running more advance in both the high and low tables.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

KR at .28 - .40 may be false knock or burst KR. Burst KR is caused by an increase in airflow over a set (adjustable) limit.

I always look at MAX values and then compare to the average. If the average is near 0 it may have been burst KR or just the engine throwing a momentary tantrum... lol

Vettes can get away with a bit more timing as they are lighter than the GTO.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by flea
    New to HPT and just started logging on a stock LS2 (06' GTO). One thing I noticed immediately is that I am getting KR ranging from 0.4 - 2.0 showing up in a number of hist cells (max value) 1,400 - 2,000 rpm in the 0.28 -0.4 g/cyl. I'm using 91 plus octane. Is this typical or likely false KR? Should I be using the max value or avg value for KR?

Also noticed that LS2 vettes are running more advance in both the high and low tables.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.
    Not unusual as it seems . My car bone stock had plenty of KR. Basically the ECM will pull timing based on sudden intake air/TPS delta's , blipping throttle under load does this every time for me.

Thanks for the info.

I don't yet have a WB so I don't want to mess around with afr yet. What is the most efficient way to determine if it is false KR or burst?
    Should I be trying to dial in all of the KR tables (decay rate, attack, etc.) or decrease values in the advance tables?

Avg KR values are 0.6, 1.0 and 0.8 for about 6 cells.

If I decrease spark advance is all this out the window once I get a WB and optimize afr?
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Log both Timing Retard and Total Timing Retard.
    Total takes into account Burst KR. Timing Retard is usually just KR based. If you see more in total KR than in TR then Burst KR was active.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!