Thread: Line Pressure for 6R80, what are you running? Any issues?

Advanced Tuner

Line Pressure for 6R80, what are you running? Any issues?

Stock Line pressure is 150psi. I've seen discussions about this and Eric replied that he saw 265 in some stock tunes. Anyone know what vehicle that is?

I believe in a repair video on the 6R80 someone mentioned the stock seals internally leak (slightly) at stock pressures and bumping line pressure too high can cause failure in the seals.

The tuning book I have says higher than 150 but I am reluctant to raise it until I hear back from folks run higher pressure without problems. I'd like to think 150 psi is a conservative 'max' pressure?
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 07-23-2019 at 07:10 AM.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    No one is running higher than 150? I guess I'm expecting a reply like "Been running 250 psi for 2 years and no issues so far"...
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

250 is what I've seen. Not sure you ever need to go above 200 even with high power applications.

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    No one is running higher than 150? I guess I'm expecting a reply like "Been running 250 psi for 2 years and no issues so far"...
    Sorry I'm late to the party. I have been running 180 psi in a CCSB F150 5.0 for about a year and a half. In that time, I have put the truck into limp mode once and that was because i was running way faster than i should have been. 4 lane highway at 135 in a leveled truck on 35s is a little hot.

I've run max line pressure of 250psi for the last 2 years. In the logs I've even seen as high as 285 desired pressure. (i guess that just gets capped at the max line pressure?)

I recently took the trans apart to add a 4r200 hub and all the frictions looked mint, that said I do think you risk pushing out fluid through the bushings and o rings and agree that 200 is probably all that is needed. I definitely wouldn't run a whole lot of pressure on on the later model solid pump bushing though.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

see a few that's pushed out the pump bush, best thing to do is replace it with the 6hp26 rolla bearing & 'C' clip .

what does that bearing setup come from? and is that the ford part #?

Quote Originally Posted by limitless View Post
    what does that bearing setup come from? and is that the ford part #?
    You'll need the Gen1 11-14 6R80 front pump housing with the snap ring to hold it in place, but here's the replacement roller bearing

pump roller bearing.jpgbearing.jpg
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd