Thread: newbie gear/tire question chevy 8 speed 8l45

Tuner

newbie gear/tire question chevy 8 speed 8l45

Hey guys, I have been searching and reading about the tire and gear adjustments etc etc. But the screen shots of the editor look different than what I have and there are different adjustment boxes than what I have and I really am not computer savy.

My tuner is really really busy and I appreciate that. But the tune came with the wrong Revs per mile for the tires Im running. (my speedo is off enough, and we use mileage for alerts when running fast trails in the high desert. I need it to be as accurate as possible when I dont have a co pilot reading a separate GPS)The tune has it listed at 579.8 for the VSS tire and 360.13 for the Dist trans.

The actual revs per mile for my tires is 598. I am running 4.56 gears. (the stock truck had 265/65/17 tires and 3.42 gears)

I am not sure what the VSS Dist Trans number is and if it needs to be adjusted when I adjust the tire size from 579.8 to 598.

I also tried to use the tire wizard and when I hit calculate, the VSS tire revs boxes were unchanged and were red.

I reached out to HP tuner on this when I asked about the vss for the abs/stabilitrak box to be added to the softeware. They sent me a link to a forum post again that has screem shots of a calibration boxes that are different and there is no mention of the Dist Trans and how or if it needs to be changed as well.

I have included a pic of the calibration box, hopefully that makes sense. Im trying to learn, but most of the posts are from OS and calibration tables that are totally different than what is avaiable today

Thank you for any help, and your patience with a novice.

pic vss tire gear hp tuner.png

Potential Tuner
    I'm trying to adjust for a larger tire but my Editor doesn't show any of the info you posted in the pic.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 18.45.18.png

Tuner
    what vehicle is yours? And this is the thing that drives me crazy about the information/tutorials out there. Nothing seems to be consistant

Tuner
    Looks like Hptuner is going to look into the stabilitrak stuff as the abs sensors use a vss box that isnt unlocked yet. Because it has not been modified, the speedo being changed doesnt jive with the stabilitrak an sets off the traction control and wont let the cruise control work.