Thread: New engine and cam. 6.0 with Vinci's cam

New engine and cam. 6.0 with Vinci's cam

So we put this setup in and was looking for a base tune. I installed a tbss intake, throttle body and injectors and had a misfire issue so went back to stock intake setup. Looking for any insight. Will upload tune shortly

current tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

its 30 over. This is basically the stock tune with TM deleted and rear o2 deleted. not the tune it ran on before the engine swap. Any and all insight welcome Thanks in advance

Do the basics.

Update the cylinder volume for the larger engine.

Figure out how to input the injector data. There is a conversion spreadsheet somewhere that give your data you can enter on the P01/P59 computers.

Did you buy some sort of wiring dealio to use the TBSS throttle body???

I'd personally use the one that came on your truck with an adapter plate to make life easy.

If the TBSS intake has a different MAP sensor, you need to make sure the data in the tune matches that and that the pins are the same for your harness. Or install your LQ4's factory MAP sensor.

Past that, it should just be re-tuning the MAF and VE tables using a wideband o2 sensor to correct the airflow model.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

ok thats a great response. i didnt know you had to update cylinder volume. i figured i did but didnt know the ins and outs. i will get the math done and go from there. i went back to stock intake for baseline tuning. i have never gotten this far into a motor and then tuning. all support is awesome. we are not to wideband status yet. i was going to copy and paste a stock injector table from a tbss and start there. Thank you for your input 5FDP very helpful the cam started no tuning required. but there is always more than meets the eye.

Advanced Tuner
    off the topic, but just wondering what 5FDP means?

five finger death punch id guess and also has been a wealth of help and knowledge. one of the plenty of great people on this forum. i dont have a ton to offer. but have learned from him and a bunch of others. i dont always ask the right questions. but theres a few that will make ya learn by forming questions correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    yea he seems like a good dude, and that would make sense about his name. I have had people on here help me in the past and I try to return the favor when I can also

The copy/paste with injector data won't exactly work. The values in the tables are different because the TBSS trucks use E40 and E67 computers.

See if this works. Use it to covert the data over.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.