Thread: saving from the tune repository

saving from the tune repository

I like to save STOCK tune from the library because sometimes I get a client what has settings so far off, its better to return it to stock and build up

I notice before 4.4x I used to rename the downloaded to " stock 2018 Camaro" and save it. now all the tunes that arent covered under my unlimited interface ask me to license the vehicle to save in my library

what am I doing wrong or cant we save the down loaded tunes as a new name.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    works fine for me, sounds like possibly a browser issue to me. I just saved a 2018 Corvette stock file from the repository with a different name and I don't have a license for it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Everything I save from the repository I add year/make/model to the filename, and I've never been prompted to license any of the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    works fine for me, sounds like possibly a browser issue to me. I just saved a 2018 Corvette stock file from the repository with a different name and I don't have a license for it.
    Any idea what to change. Since I updated to 4.4 Ive had this problem on all my laptops. I used to be able to download from the library and save the tune as bla bla bla. But now it just opens and if I go to save it it ask me to license it. I also have the same problem when guys send me a tune I dont have a license for. I try to make a folder up and save it to their folder for review, and it ask me to license it to save it if its a vehicle outside my unlimited LS series.

So are you saying: you open your web browser, go to your customer page at hptuners.com, go to the repository, right-click/save-as the file you want, and then... where does VCM Suite or the editor come into this asking you to license the file? When does that happen, after you try to open the saved file in editor?

yes, when I download from the tune repository the file just opens, then when I go to save it as xxxx, it asks for credits.
    I dont seem to see the option I used to have to save it as xxxx before it downloads. Im sure its in my settings somewhere, I just dont know where to get that option " save as" prior to it downloading.

Somehow, whatever browser you're using got set to always automatically open *.hpt files with VCM Editor. There should be a page in your browser settings for 'file type' associations and how to handle them - always ask where to save, auto open with an application, automatically save to X location without asking, etc.

To override the auto settings, right-click on the .hpt file download link, select 'Save as...', and it will bring up the normal file save dialog where you can pick the folder and enter a new filename if you want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Somehow, whatever browser you're using got set to always automatically open *.hpt files with VCM Editor. There should be a page in your browser settings for 'file type' associations and how to handle them - always ask where to save, auto open with an application, automatically save to X location without asking, etc.

To override the auto settings, right-click on the .hpt file download link, select 'Save as...', and it will bring up the normal file save dialog where you can pick the folder and enter a new filename if you want something different.
    Yep, That was it. I appreciate your help.