Thread: Looking to get into tuning!! Need guidance

Potential Tuner

Cool Looking to get into tuning!! Need guidance

Looking to get into tuning, mainly on 99/06 Gm trucks. Can anyone point me in the direction with a link to purchase the software and products I need? Thanks in advance

The main website has the products you can buy.

Splurge for the PRO version if you are going to doing a lot of different vehicles. It make transferring wideband o2 sensors much easier because there will be no extra wiring.

You'll need credits to license the computers and in those years it's 2 credits per computer/vehicle. You can do some reading about that there too on the website. I'm sure you can email the sales department too if you want to talk with them directly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    books can be found at thetuningschool, erm performance, and calibratedsuccess. i think HPA also offers a re-flash module which is supposed to be for oem computer systems but i havent actually seen the information so i dont how detailed it is.
    wideband that is useful for your year....aem 30-4110 . which gets wired into the pro harness mentioned above.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

if you are looking for training material the best place to start is hpacademy then this forum and then calibratedsuccess, the tuning school is waste of money to be honest.

you will only need hptuner and a wideband with a serial port input like 30-4110, and you need dp9 connector and dp9 to usb connector

using serial port you wont need to waste money on prolink as it wont be as accurate as serial port

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by QTR FMS View Post
    if you are looking for training material the best place to start is hpacademy then this forum and then calibratedsuccess, the tuning school is waste of money to be honest.

you will only need hptuner and a wideband with a serial port input like 30-4110, and you need dp9 connector and dp9 to usb connector

using serial port you wont need to waste money on prolink as it wont be as accurate as serial port
    I'd love to hear how choosing The Tuning School is a waste of money!

I attended a live seminar 6 years ago that put me in a position to become a successful tuner, make money, and establish relationships in the automotive industry that I still have today.

I'd love to convince you otherwise if you give me a chance, shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can chat!

Advanced Tuner
    The Tuning School isn't a waste of money, IMO; however their methods are a little different than my own. I think it takes a combination of multiple styles and resources to learn what works best for you.

Many folks have started with TTS and done very well. Greg Banish's Calibrated Success series is very good material as well. HP Academy and Evans Performance Academy get great reviews as well. Ed at ERM was an EXCELLENT instructor before cancer got him. I believe his family is still selling his book.

There is a TON of free information on this forum, as well as others too. Just have to be willing to spend the time to read, read again, and read some more.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning