Thread: newbie here needs help with problem car and code P061B internal control torq calc pef

Potential Tuner

newbie here needs help with problem car and code P061B internal control torq calc pef

ok so i need some help iam still new to the whole tunning thing and ive had a problem child dropped off in the lap the vehicle is a 2010 mustang gt 4.6 with a manual the car is supposed to all stock besides a cat back borla exhaust the car as a motor put in it from a salvage yard but anyway my main issue is when you drive and acclerate past arund 2500 itll imedately limit the throttle and turn both the check engine and the wrench light. if you drive it easy dont accle hard you can work it thru all the gears and get up to about 65-70mph but as soon as it to pull itll limit the throttle the code i get is a P061B internal control module torque calculation performance in past experience i have had this code in other fords and changed the mass air to fixed but it didnt this one i checked all wires and throttle body and pedal and found no issues it dose have the dual port throttle body not sure if they were stock on this year model or not i belive the problem is somthing in the torque table the car had supposedly been tuned by another shop and didnt fix proplem but dont what they acctualy did my second queston is if they did tune with a different sofware will i still be able to lience the pcm and make changes. any help and info will be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    You should be able to tune it without issues as long as they didn't put a password/lock on it. Have you pulled the file from the car yet? Only other issue I could see is if whatever software they used had parameters adjusted that HPT hasn't defined yet so you wouldn't be able to see them. I wouldn't think you'd have to worry about that and HPT support has always been good on adding missing parameters when requested via support.

As far as tuning the torque tables... Good luck lol. At least for me anyways haha. I'm working on spreadsheet to hopefully remeidy my problems but waiting on a few questions to be answered first so I don't just put together a sheet that will lead to more problems.

Do you know what year the motor is that was installed? I'm not sure on the 4.6 but I know the 5.4 had a lot of changes from the 08 to 9-10 years. Enough that I would think the pcm would be very unhappy.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you more.