Thread: 2014 silverado 6l80e tuning

Tuner in Training

2014 silverado 6l80e tuning

I bought my 2014 Silverado a few months back, and Id like to change some things to the way it shifts. I feel like it shifts out way too fast under part throttle and then is in too high of a gear when you tip in a little more throttle. also when I'm towing I feel like it wants to downshift too soon and is shifting too much, I know it is designed like this for a reason so I'm not as concerned about this. and then if there are any tips you guys have for tuning the trans, id appreciate it.

Advanced Tuner
    Find the Bluecat transmission program on here and put in the details, it will spit out upshift and downshift speeds that are better than stock. For tow/haul, I just left it mostly alone but reduced the downshift speeds at 0 throttle a bit to stop the harsh downshifts. I don't tow. I would also suggest monitoring tcc slip speed and tcc pressure. In your cal there is a desired slip, I think it was 20 rpm in V8 and 40 rpm in V4 on my truck. You can zero this out but it won't stop slipping until you bump up your tcc regulator offset pressure. Look a few posts down where this was discussed. You might want to disable tcc apply in the lower gears as well, it is up to you. Mine only comes on in 5th and 6th now.