Thread: G6 3.6L E67 VATS problem

Tuner in Training

G6 3.6L E67 VATS problem

Hi All, I need help !!
    I have an 07 Pontiac G6 3.6L V6 with an E67 ECM installed in an MGB with a Manual transmission (but have a TCM in the CAN circuit to avoid any possible problems since the this configuration was never available with an automatic). The fuel pump is activated and the fuel pressure is normal. The starter is engaged separately. The engine cranks at about 140 RPM, fires, flares to about 1400 RM then dies. Repeated attempts to restart do not work unless I disconnect the battery and restart the process. The HP Tuners scanner confirms that the original command air fuel ratio is 3.29 but after trying to restart it drops to 0. It will start if I use ether indicating that the spark system is still active but the fuel injectors have been shut off. I have tried both with the VATS patches enabled or disabled with no appreciable difference (BTW which should it be do disable VATS?). One other oddity, the only code set is P0633 (Immobilizer Key Code not programmed). The strange part is that this code keeps coming up even after I have set it at ?No Error Reported? and yes I flashed the entire program and not just the calibration.
    Any suggestions/ideas ?
    Thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    We use this engine , ecu combo on sand cars without any other inputs (tcm, bcm, speed, etc). Questions ? give me a call. Steve 909 910 3867

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HFV6MGB View Post
    Hi All, I need help !!
    I have an 07 Pontiac G6 3.6L V6 with an E67 ECM installed in an MGB with a Manual transmission (but have a TCM in the CAN circuit to avoid any possible problems since the this configuration was never available with an automatic). The fuel pump is activated and the fuel pressure is normal. The starter is engaged separately. The engine cranks at about 140 RPM, fires, flares to about 1400 RM then dies. Repeated attempts to restart do not work unless I disconnect the battery and restart the process. The HP Tuners scanner confirms that the original command air fuel ratio is 3.29 but after trying to restart it drops to 0. It will start if I use ether indicating that the spark system is still active but the fuel injectors have been shut off. I have tried both with the VATS patches enabled or disabled with no appreciable difference (BTW which should it be do disable VATS?). One other oddity, the only code set is P0633 (Immobilizer Key Code not programmed). The strange part is that this code keeps coming up even after I have set it at ?No Error Reported? and yes I flashed the entire program and not just the calibration.
    Any suggestions/ideas ?
    Do you think error occurs due to your battery? if yes, i think you should find and change new battery tender. I have reviewed on Autofthing, there are many kind of batteries, you can choose one suitable for your car.
    Thanks in advance
    Have you solve this problem yet?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    Have you solve this problem yet?
    HI, No have not yet solved the problem but I don't think it's battery related. I am running two batteries, one just for the starter and another for the ECM to ensure adequate voltage while cranking.