Thread: switching from 93 to e85/log look over

Tuner in Training

switching from 93 to e85/log look over

I have a SBE ls1, 78/75 turbo, conservative boost and timing. 48lb injectors and a walbro 450. I'm about to change Injectors to 100lbs, and I wanna run e85 with the new injectors. is it as easy as changing stoich, and doing small changes to VE? or is there more to it?

Also any opinion's on this log? everything looking good? couple small pulls at the end, short shifting and only a 2-3 shift. turbo cruising.hpl

I have personally switched from e85 and back by just changing stoich.. hard part is knowing exactly what percentage E you got. However you can follow your narrows at low pressure because they should be searching for a stoich burn. VE should stay the same unless timing gives you more power and then it may change a little.

Edit: Your tune has to be 100% dialed in before you can do this.
    Last edited by curiousg7; 06-27-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    so new injectors mathematically should be able to run the same ve settings but in real word there is always some sort of offset which means after you have inserted your new injector flow rate, offset, and short pulse, you will have to re-tune your ve table again to some degree. you want your stoich afr set to whatever fuel you are using. the only exception to this is a Flex enabled ecu with an active content sensor.
    im not sure how your file is set up now but it might be a possibility that you will exceed the range of the ve table airmass axis. in which case, if not already, you will have to scale the ecu to bring your ve table back into tune-able effective range.

i would tune ethanol in terms of lambda and adding the channel eq ratio commanded to the scanner. you can still tune copy and paste by using the scanners eq ratio error feature. tuning in lambda just adds more accuracy when you dont know the true stoich value of a fuel in terms of afr.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    okay cool. ill dial in the tune on pump gas with the new injectors and then ill switch to e85 and see what happens

Tuner in Training
    awesome. can I leave my wideband in gas scale and it read fine on e85? only cause I'm use to that rather than lambda