Thread: strange f150 issue with lockout phaser

Advanced Tuner

strange f150 issue with lockout phaser

So I am trying to help this guy out with his f150. It is factory, completely factory, just has phaser lockout kit installed. Problem is, this thing is super turdy. Well i took it for a spin and the timing goes negative when trying to go WOT or anything above 50% throttle or so. I was under the impression only the vct had to be disabled or the tables zeroed out. Well... I can't figure this out. Anyone have any hints? I am attaching the file and a log or 2. I did A TON of changes, zeroing out spark modifiers, disabling the imrc, getting rid of the IPC, disabling the KS, removing TM, man I have done it all.. it seems to do a burnout but as soon as the truck moves, timing goes negative. I just have no clue at this point, I thought it was going to be a simple change in terms of VCT and thats it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks like your imrc that you're logging, whenever it changes to .2v (open I'm assuming) it's changing to your mbt imrc correction table and going by those values. Perhaps keep the enable for imrc
    position sensor on but disable it for switch? Good luck.

But why did you disable the imrc? Wouldn't it hurt it more than anything if its still there?

I would try kicking in closed loop a bit sooner like 1500rpms as well.. did you launch in 3?

Advanced Tuner
    well i noticed when its in open loop the issue goes away, problem is i cant fucking make it go to open loop...ive tried everything...lol. Even disconnected the o2 sensors, and it still stays in fucking closed loop and adds 53% fuel lmao....

Advanced Tuner
    Take a look and if you're willing copy the data over using compare. Double check the "Gain vs Cold Start Retard" table though (cat stepped on computer when I was in that table) so I might have put an error in by mistake.

This file is assuming you didn't delete the IMRC or lock them open and only the phasers are locked in place. 2006 f150 stockt1 Try this.hpt