Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 04 Cummins 6 speed

Banned
    It?s not in the tuning

The other time i bapassed all correction in my tune and pressure was 3500psi at idle..

Banned
    that is stock in his tune

Banned
    he could possibly be having grounding/voltage/ecm issues as well, look at what sensors are doing in the log

Probably...i know that with stock tune if you disconnect fan clutch sometime rpm hang up....probably its shorted inside or wire have been cut and they short together

Banned
    Won?t cause the extremely low rail pressure and misfire timing though and don?t believe it would cause the map sensor and throttle sensor to show sky rocketed readings

Banned
    A scan for DTCs should be done, grounding and battery connections checked over, I?d have the high pressure side of the fuel system checked out

Tuner in Training
    Here is my experience with this, take it for what its worth: My early 04 would randomly high idle at 900 - 1100 RPM in any weather condition. Letting the clutch grab a bit was the only way to pull it down. I had no white smoke, and no fuel in the oil until one day when it started missing and smoking white after a few hard pulls. I installed a new set of injectors; the problem has not come back once and its been over a year. Good luck!
    2001 Silverado 1500 ECSB | 2004 Sierra 1500 ECSB | 2004 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW | and some other stuff...

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys sorry for the delay, i havent had a chance to get back to the truck, i do know the rail pressure issue is fixed, that was on me. however the high idle issue is still present. i need to get more logs but the truck is 1.5 hrs away from me.

How many miles on the truck? Read somewhere that when injectors start to fail a symptom is the rpms hang. They recomand a snap nest in neutral. Blip the throttle and if the rpms hang before come to an idle it's a sign of the end

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue, Called a hanging idle or slow deceleration. 03 Cummins NV5600, bumping the throttle up it'll hang from 1200 to 800 for a few moments before coming back down. Mine isn't as bad as others which take minutes to come down sometimes, but its most-likely going to be an injector related issue of wear and tear, my truck has 209K on it but previous owners didn't have a 2 micron fuel filter system on it, they had a 7. I just got to putting a Fass system with CAT filters on last weekend.

Link to some fuel diagnosis info : https://cdn.oregonfuelinjection.com/...diagnostic.pdf
    I'm getting old.