Thread: 2017 f150 3.5

Tuner in Training

2017 f150 3.5

Has anyone loaded the stock raptor tune into the f150 will it work.?

Potential Tuner
    Bump I'd be curious about this too.

I have loaded stock Raptor values into a normal Gen 2 3.5 ecoboost with no issues. I just did a compare file and transferred over the differences. There surprisingly is not many differences.

hard to overcome difference in hardware with software.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    hard to overcome difference in hardware with software.
    Despite Ford saying "beefed up internals" on the raptor engine vrs the productions F150 engine. I will not be convinced there is significant internal differances until I have two disassembled side by side. Raptor is rated at slighly more compression, however if you look at a Raptor tune file and a standard Gen 2 tune file you will see very little differences. Its almost all just Driver Demand and torque control with some changes to trans tables as well. Ive had both a standard Gen 2 and a Raptor on the dyno, and the Gen 2 with the Raptor tune changes actually made more power. Most likely due to bigger tires on the raptor, but case in point still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    Despite Ford saying "beefed up internals" on the raptor engine vrs the productions F150 engine. I will not be convinced there is significant internal differances until I have two disassembled side by side. Raptor is rated at slighly more compression, however if you look at a Raptor tune file and a standard Gen 2 tune file you will see very little differences. Its almost all just Driver Demand and torque control with some changes to trans tables as well. Ive had both a standard Gen 2 and a Raptor on the dyno, and the Gen 2 with the Raptor tune changes actually made more power. Most likely due to bigger tires on the raptor, but case in point still holds true.
    I believe they also have different turbos and exhaust systems which means even if you push an F150 to Raptor tune specs the turbos may be operating at a less efficient level, giving the Raptor more headroom with both tunes optimized.

Also, there are very little differences in the visible part of the tune HPT shows us. We don't know what the differences are outside of that.

Is this still valid? On a 2019?